The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

So If the Wii U Isn't "Next-Gen" Then the Wii is a Generation Behind PS3&360

#1KingBeetlePosted 2/1/2013 10:22:20 PM
I mean obviously the 480p and lack of online play make it a generation behind...

More proof the Wii U is next-gen literally because it's in the next generation of consoles.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/godunman
I do Let's Plays. Currently, and close to done on Skyward Sword.
#2Baha05Posted 2/1/2013 10:23:09 PM
PC trumps console so

/Thread
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#3KingBeetle(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 10:24:51 PM
Baha05 posted...
PC trumps console so

/Thread

A) Too much money.
B) Non-traditional controller.
C) No Nintendo.

Just my opinion.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/godunman
I do Let's Plays. Currently, and close to done on Skyward Sword.
#4ShadowSkill11Posted 2/1/2013 10:45:23 PM(edited)
A) Too much money. <Get a job>
B) Non-traditional controller. <Usb ports. Plug a controller in.>
C) No Nintendo. <Neither do Microsoft and Sony. PC has hundreds more exclusives than either console.>

<Edit C: Actually the PC plays every Nintendo game at present other than the WiiU.>
#5kamikaze135Posted 2/1/2013 10:40:33 PM
KingBeetle posted...
Baha05 posted...
PC trumps console so

/Thread

A) Too much money.
B) Non-traditional controller.
C) No Nintendo.

Just my opinion.

1) console games and repairs cost more. Consoles are more expensive
2) lol, ignorance. most games being released support the Xbox 360 controller.
3) Emulators. More Nintendo than any Nintendo console
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#6elheberPosted 2/1/2013 10:42:21 PM
Haters can build a case against the Wii not being 7th gen. But they couldn't with the GCN being a gen behind.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |
#7ShadowSkill11Posted 2/1/2013 10:46:43 PM
Oh, and PC games are much cheaper for brand new games and slightly older ones.
#8DemonDog666Posted 2/1/2013 10:49:48 PM
feature/game wise wii/wiiU are practically a gen behind. But technically speaking wiiU is next gen, it's just on par with current gen. Think of it like one of those kids with a rare aging disorder.
#9Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 2/1/2013 11:40:13 PM
I dont understand why ppl brag about pc games what exclusive pc games are there that are better than console exclusive games?
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9
#10kamikaze135Posted 2/2/2013 1:24:42 AM(edited)
Xx5ILLYR4BBITxX posted...
I dont understand why ppl brag about pc games what exclusive pc games are there that are better than console exclusive games?

It isn't about the exclusives. It's about having superior playing experience. You get more controller options, mods, better graphics and processing, a longer lasting community, and smoother gameplay.

Edit: On top of that, it's cheaper. The only people saying PC gaming is more expensive are those who only take the entry point into consideration. When consider the price of PC games, the competitive and constant sales, and how cheap it is to upgrade a part or two rather than buying a next gen console, PC gaming is just way more affordable. Especially in the long run.

On a Steam seasonal sale, I could easily get 5 games for $50 rather than just one or two...MAYBE three console games that have been released recently and aren't bad. Online retailers also have a lot of sales on good computer parts pretty often, if not all the time.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden