So If the Wii U Isn't "Next-Gen" Then the Wii is a Generation Behind PS3&360

#11StickMen1090Posted 2/2/2013 1:23:25 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
feature/game wise wii/wiiU are practically a gen behind. But technically speaking wiiU is next gen, it's just on par with current gen. Think of it like one of those kids with a rare aging disorder.

There arent sub categories to characterize next gen consoles... its either its released in the next generation of consoles or not
#12DiscostewSMPosted 2/2/2013 1:41:43 AM
PC goes through new generations so quickly, it isn't even funny.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#13strongo9Posted 2/2/2013 6:18:24 AM
KingBeetle posted...
Baha05 posted...
PC trumps console so

/Thread

A) Too much money.
B) Non-traditional controller.
C) No Nintendo.

Just my opinion.

A. You end up spending less over time because of the cheap cost of games
B. You can use any controller you want with it
C. While Nintendo is my favorite developer, it isn't everything. Get both if you care enough
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#14LionHeartSJTPosted 2/2/2013 8:05:21 AM
KingBeetle posted...
I mean obviously the 480p and lack of online play make it a generation behind...

More proof the Wii U is next-gen literally because it's in the next generation of consoles.

Ingoring the fact the other console can play in SD as well?
The Wii had online play, and i dont mean that friends code stuff.
Moster hunter Tri was ONLINE, go into a room, play. Simple

Dreamcast had online,
Gamecube had online,
Xbox (dont know didn't own one, sorry)
PS2 had online,

Cant classify online as being this generations things

Quite frankly the single most played game i have on all th current (PS3/Xbox360/Wii i mean) was Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii
#15DemonDog666Posted 2/2/2013 12:42:09 PM
kamikaze135 posted...
It isn't about the exclusives. It's about having superior playing experience. You get more controller options, mods, better graphics and processing, a longer lasting community, and smoother gameplay.

Edit: On top of that, it's cheaper. The only people saying PC gaming is more expensive are those who only take the entry point into consideration. When consider the price of PC games, the competitive and constant sales, and how cheap it is to upgrade a part or two rather than buying a next gen console, PC gaming is just way more affordable. Especially in the long run.

On a Steam seasonal sale, I could easily get 5 games for $50 rather than just one or two...MAYBE three console games that have been released recently and aren't bad. Online retailers also have a lot of sales on good computer parts pretty often, if not all the time.

I have a ps3/vita and I don't pay anywhere near 50 for a game, most I pay is 35 and that's only if I really want it, most of my retail games have been about 20 with a few 10s/15s and psn level games the most I've spent was 7.5 bucks most of them being under 5. Not to mention psn+ which got me over 100 games for 100 bucks and still got like several months of my subscription.
#16mjc0961Posted 2/2/2013 12:44:23 PM
KingBeetle posted...
Baha05 posted...
PC trumps console so

/Thread

A) Too much money.
B) Non-traditional controller.
C) No Nintendo.

Just my opinion.

Didn't realize that mouse and keyboard, which are used by pretty much everybody in the world who uses a computer, and the Xbox 360 gamepad which is instantly compatable with pretty much all modern PC versions of AAA titles, were both "non-traditional".
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#17vidalmorazaPosted 2/2/2013 12:49:10 PM
kamikaze135 posted...
Xx5ILLYR4BBITxX posted...
I dont understand why ppl brag about pc games what exclusive pc games are there that are better than console exclusive games?

It isn't about the exclusives. It's about having superior playing experience. You get more controller options, mods, better graphics and processing, a longer lasting community, and smoother gameplay.

Edit: On top of that, it's cheaper. The only people saying PC gaming is more expensive are those who only take the entry point into consideration. When consider the price of PC games, the competitive and constant sales, and how cheap it is to upgrade a part or two rather than buying a next gen console, PC gaming is just way more affordable. Especially in the long run.

On a Steam seasonal sale, I could easily get 5 games for $50 rather than just one or two...MAYBE three console games that have been released recently and aren't bad. Online retailers also have a lot of sales on good computer parts pretty often, if not all the time.

I have a gaming PC, but I would pick exclusives over superior experience ANY DAY....
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#18Tsutarja495Posted 2/2/2013 12:51:37 PM
PC gets as many good exclusives as all the consoles combined.
http://rustygamer.wordpress.com/7th-generation-exclusives/the-results/