Lego City Undercover has multiplayer??

#1MotiJrPosted 2/1/2013 10:59:52 PM
I wasn't aware of this until now but after checking the game through the UK Nintendo site, it says you can play alone or with a friend. I thought it was strictly single player this whole time. Has it always had some form of multiplayer?
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#2FoppePosted 2/1/2013 11:02:31 PM
When was the last time Traveller's Tales gave us a singleplayer Lego game?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#3MotiJr(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 11:04:25 PM
That would be a valid point if this was like every other Lego game. It's quite different from what I've seen.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#4ElectricKaibutuPosted 2/1/2013 11:25:02 PM
I was reading a hands on preview of the game and they said single player only. I hope they're wrong.
#5FFXIgaiaknightPosted 2/1/2013 11:27:42 PM
i wouldnt se surprised if this ended up getting some sort of co op like every other lego game they have made.
---
Currently Playing: DMC: Devil May Cry (PS3)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#6NarutoPosted 2/1/2013 11:34:01 PM
This better be like GTAIV multiplayer.
#710000_needlesPosted 2/2/2013 1:11:42 AM
^^You are so dreaming. If there was GTA like multiplayer, that would've been one of the first things they would have advertised.
---
You dont know it yet, but you're already dead. "Hokuto no Ken"
#8HungtotheoverPosted 2/2/2013 1:31:12 AM
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/10/will_lego_city_undercover_have_multiplayer_not_even_nintendo_seems_to_know

It seems it did. Which is what I heard and why I wanted it.

Then they cut it to get the game out fast enough. Figures.
---
The only 3rd party games that sell on Nintendo consoles are ones that make you dance.
#9ElectricKaibutuPosted 2/2/2013 2:43:34 AM
Hungtotheover posted...
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/10/will_lego_city_undercover_have_multiplayer_not_even_nintendo_seems_to_know

It seems it did. Which is what I heard and why I wanted it.

Then they cut it to get the game out fast enough. Figures.

Co-op was why I was looking forward to it. That's a big mistake on Nintendo's part if true.