Reason why EA doesnt want to support Wii U

#21nickvd8Posted 2/2/2013 2:28:03 PM
For a good depiction of EA & Activision see this video, the first guy represents them lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxP-sx6E_PU
---
Sign this
www.tinyurl.com/timesplittersHD
#22DarkZV2BetaPosted 2/2/2013 2:28:24 PM
Jx1010 posted...
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
Or the fact that the games it's released so far haven't sold well could be the reason. Why waste the money to port it if it's going to take away from potential profits?

Theres no loss in making a game available for another system
it only means it will be available to more customers
By the way... did u even understand the point of the topic?

There's the loss of porting it over. You think that doesn't take time or money?
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
a high end card gets bg3 1080p maxed around 200fps ~The Q on BF3.
#23quickposterPosted 2/2/2013 2:32:56 PM
They are focusing their resources on power systems and then when those fail to meet their expectations they will start kissing Nintendo's backsides.
---
Bethesda not convinced people will buy the next xbox and PS4: your install base always starts at zero
#24blingusPosted 2/2/2013 2:38:50 PM
Let me first say that I absolutely have HATED EA since they announced that they would not support the Dreamcast. When they made that announcement, I did a personal boycott on all EA games for over a decade.

This past generation of consoles have seen some great EA releases and I have to admit I did buy a few. But the ones I bought (no sports games) were not developed by EA, just published.

I like my Wii U and I like Nintendo but this does not bode well for Nintendo. I hate that EA's support is so important to a console's success especially since they hardly develop the games I enjoy.

Unfortunately, EA is the largest 3rd party and their support is crucial for a console's success now. Wow, I really do hate EA.
---
7200rpm 320GB(OG 60)+320GB Slim PS3s, Reach+Gears 360s, Black Wii U, Modded Xbox, Black Sega DC+Saturn, Panasonic Q, PSP, 64GB iPhone 4S+iPad 4, 3DS XL, PSVITA!
#25quickposterPosted 2/2/2013 2:45:41 PM
blingus posted...
I like my Wii U and I like Nintendo but this does not bode well for Nintendo. I hate that EA's support is so important to a console's success especially since they hardly develop the games I enjoy.

Unfortunately, EA is the largest 3rd party and their support is crucial for a console's success now. Wow, I really do hate EA.

EA are not required for Wii U to be successful. People need to realize there are huge key differences between Sega and Nintendo. Nintendo have way more fanboys and are a lot more successful with wider audiences then Sega were. Sega had made huge mistakes which set them up for failure. They were in a huge amount of debt. They were losing relevance and couldn't adapt to the change. But perhaps the most glaring flaw was they didn't know what direction they were going in any more.

The way they released their hardware it was almost like they were competing with themselves. They focused too much on the competition and less on their own flaws. Nintendo on the other hand have had 5 financially successful systems and have some of the biggest franchises in the industry. It would only benefit them to have EA. But it wouldn't kill them if they didn't have them.
---
Bethesda not convinced people will buy the next xbox and PS4: your install base always starts at zero
#26googlerPosted 2/2/2013 3:25:05 PM
Jx1010 posted...
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
Or the fact that the games it's released so far haven't sold well could be the reason. Why waste the money to port it if it's going to take away from potential profits?

Theres no loss in making a game available for another system
it only means it will be available to more customers
By the way... did u even understand the point of the topic?

that's pretty damn ignorant. There can be a huge loss. Time is money in that field of work. It adds up quickly when you have lots of people making $50,000~$100,000+ a year working on something. Did you think they create a port by pressing a button and burning it to the appropriate disc format?
Honestly, developers are trying harder and harder to keep their heads above water so what's in it for them to put the effort in and lose money or sometimes, in the vest case scenario, only break even?
#27hydra_dragonPosted 2/2/2013 4:27:58 PM
Didn't EA want to handle Nintendo's online with something like Origin and they said no, and then EA got all butt hurt and cancelled some games?
---
Snitches are everywhere on GameFAQs
#28fuzi11Posted 2/2/2013 4:47:24 PM
I doubt Nintendo cares how much DLC 3rd parties put in their games. Nintendo doesn't want to abuse it for their own games, but why would they care about others.
#29NewbiusPosted 2/2/2013 4:55:31 PM
Its simple: EA are nothing but a bunch of A holes.
#30PokemonYoutubePosted 2/2/2013 5:22:22 PM
Well, what does EA expect? They release Mass Effect 3 on Wii U and then release the entire trilogy on everything but Wii U. What brain-damaged numbnut makes these business decisions?

Also, they're butthurt about Nintendo wanting nothing to do with Origin.
---
www.youtube.com/GeneralSecura