You're reaction: Nintendo reveals Metroid 5 at E3...

#31Bahamut_10thPosted 2/2/2013 9:42:09 AM
I'd rather Metroid 5 replaced Smash Bros and they let Sakurai work on something different.

Sick of his potential being wasted for 2~5 years in a sequel of that tiring franchise.
#32P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/2/2013 9:43:42 AM
Other M was actually well reviewed and sold only slightly less than Prime 2 and 3. Sakamoto shows interest in working with Ninja again and Ninja with him. Not only that but Retro is done with the series for now and Prime is over.

Anyway, that's beside the point. EAD doesn't make 3D Metroid games and TC said "Metroid 5" not "Prime 4". Normally, when people ask for Metroid 5 they expect a sequel to Fusion in 2D fashion.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#33SebVettelPosted 2/2/2013 9:47:37 AM
I would have to ask if Fusion or Other M was Metroid 4.
#34Zato InfinitePosted 2/2/2013 9:49:14 AM
Indifferent- I never cared for Zelda or Metroid.
#35TheBonfiniPosted 2/2/2013 9:52:02 AM
MEGATON!!
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#36fuzi11Posted 2/2/2013 9:59:48 AM
'meh' would be my reaction, I only played Super Metroid and Fusion, and I have absolutely no desire to play any of the Prime games.
#37SakurafanboyPosted 2/2/2013 10:01:07 AM
SebVettel posted...
I would have to ask if Fusion or Other M was Metroid 4.

Metroid: Other Fusion
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#38alacer807Posted 2/2/2013 10:02:21 AM
Utterly depressed. I like metroid, don't get me wrong. But I'd have bought the Wii U for Zelda alone. Remake or otherwise.
---
"If you have an all seeing eye, why can't you see pandora's location?"
"Because of my slightly botched laser eye surgery..."
#39wiiking96Posted 2/2/2013 10:19:00 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Other M was actually well reviewed and sold only slightly less than Prime 2 and 3.

Sales =/= how well a game was received. Nintendo generated so much hype for the game that a lot of people bought it purely out of hype. Fun fact: Prime 1 and 2 were Gamecube titles, and far less people owned Gamecubes than did Wiis. The fact that Other M sold less than 2 Gamecube games is very bad. There's also the fact that the original announcement of Metroid Prime generated a lot of negativity at first.

Other M had everything going for it before it released, and Prime had everything going against it; the fact that it got less sales regardless just shows how poorly it was received after people actually started playing it. It's a First Party Nintendo game that dropped to a fifth of its price in less than two years.

Anyway, that's beside the point. EAD doesn't make 3D Metroid games and TC said "Metroid 5" not "Prime 4". Normally, when people ask for Metroid 5 they expect a sequel to Fusion in 2D fashion.

I wasn't the one who brought up Metroid Prime at first.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#40cucumberkingPosted 2/2/2013 10:22:35 AM
While I respect what Metroid does and I can understand why people like them, I think it's a garbage series. I'd be upset.