What are the best and worst things about the Wii U?

#1digiblasterPosted 2/2/2013 8:08:22 AM
It's time we had a topic that praises the Wii U, while being able to offer constructive criticism. I know a lot of people try to ignore the issues it has (at times, myself included), but even if you can't admit it, there's bound to be something you really dislike, or at least find to be a nuisance.

Also, please refrain from stupid comments like 'no games' - we know this is normal for a new console, and will stop being an issue in time. On the other hand, complaints about the OS are valid, even though they can (and likely will) be fixed, since you'd hope a new system would be relatively bug free.

With that out of the way, I'll get to my views.

I'd say the best thing about the console is the controller, and what it brings to the table gameplay-wise. For the past few weeks, I've had a group of friends round, who, for the most part, don't deal with Nintendo games. They're 360/PS3/PC gamers, who knew very little about the Wii U (and thought I was crazy for spending what I did on it). It's now become a regular thing for us to all get together and play Nintendo Land, which really surprised me. And the thing that they all comment on is how useful the controller is to augment gameplay. Some of the games that Nintendo Land offer just couldn't be replicated without the GamePad - how are you supposed to hide if anybody can just look at your screen? I'd have bought the Wii U regardless for Nintendo's first party games, but the controller has been an amazing addition to an already promising console.

On the other hand, I'm annoyed by the freezes. I've never had one at a crucial moment, causing me to lose a lot of progress, but it worries me that it could be doing some serious damage to the hardware. Obviously, when it crashes, it has to be reset by unplugging it. I'm far from an expert when it comes to hardware, but I can't imagine it's doing the console any good by pulling the plug so often.
#2GloryChaosPosted 2/2/2013 8:16:29 AM
Best things
---
the controller is comfortable and easy to use
Miiverse is way better than I expected it to be, save for the Skylanders giants community.
Adding to the above, it's easy to communicate with people.
The Eshop is great and the browser is the best I've used on a gaming console.
Nintendo Land

Worst things
---
Games tied to hardware and no real account system
Crappy battery life on the gamepad
Slow loading times on the home menu
The way wii mode was integrated.
Want to share your VC games with your 3ds? Too bad. Buy balloon fighter and Legend of Zelda over again.
No games
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666