Nintendo FPS?

#1sonicsonicPosted 2/2/2013 10:33:38 AM
The FPS genre is growing stagnant. Riddled with COD, Haddock and other stale franchises.

Would you be interested if Nintendo giving the FPS genre a try ? Out of all the biggest game genre's. I think FPS is the only one Nintendo have never had a genuine crack at (I wouldn't consider Prime an FPS more an FPP or FPA. I suppose Hunters is but... Y'know...).

Would you want too see them try breathe an inspiring breath of fresh (Prince of Bel) air like Half-Life, Serious Sam and Bioshock did the for the genre ?
#2SegavsCapcomPosted 2/2/2013 10:38:33 AM
Honestly? Yes.

Very few FPS games are creative in the way Serious Sam or even Halo is. So a new creative FPS from Nintendo would indeed be a breath of fresh air.

Also it would be great for attracting the casuals.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#3Tsutarja495Posted 2/2/2013 10:38:52 AM
Yoshi's Safari and the Metroid Prime Trilogy
#4Poopcorn13Posted 2/2/2013 10:40:22 AM
If not like Prime then you mean a linear, multiplayer-focused shooter? I honestly don't know what Nintendo could with that sort of game but I'd be interested.

Would prefer that if we get a Prime 4, it'll have multiplayer.
---
You am no real super sand. - Virginia
#5nickvd8Posted 2/2/2013 10:41:26 AM
Nintendo doesn't necessarily need to make an FPS, a publisher just needs to smarten up and agree to publish TimeSplitters 4. Now I say!
---
Sign this
www.tinyurl.com/timesplittersHD
#6ZvolTxPosted 2/2/2013 10:42:26 AM
I'd love an online Nintendo multiplayer-focused FPS.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
#7Maxx_the_SlashPosted 2/2/2013 10:42:59 AM
sonicsonic posted...
Would you be interested if Nintendo giving the FPS genre a try ?

Metroid Prime...
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash
#8EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 2/2/2013 10:43:43 AM
nickvd8 posted...
Nintendo doesn't necessarily need to make an FPS, a publisher just needs to smarten up and agree to publish TimeSplitters 4. Now I say!

What an announcement that would be.
---
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR (3DS): 2895-6776-7223
Now playing: RE: Revelations, AC3, Ninja Gaiden 3, Black Ops II, Trine 2, Walking Dead
#9sonicsonic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 10:52:33 AM(edited)
Thinking about it Prime is closer to Half-Life/Bioshock, compared to my idea of a kinda linear multiplayer based shooter, but it's also the point I'm trying make. The majority of FPS games on the market are the kind you skip the single player and jump straight online.

I'd like to see if Nintendo could mix the single player experience of some of the deserved FPS titans and the multiplayer experience we see in some of the more lacklustre stagnant series.

It's just the only Nintendo game that has really pushed any kind of online play is Pokemon. I'd be interested in them trying to create a competitive online multiplayer to knock the spot from series that don't deserve the attention they get.

Also for people enlightening me about Prime being an FPS. Thank you for reading my original post. Like I said Prime is more of an First Person Adventure. I know they are very similar styles, but try telling someone SSB is the same as Street Fighter or Fire Emblem the same as Age of Empires. Very similar, but different. Very different.
#10DTY3Posted 2/2/2013 11:04:49 AM
Maxx_the_Slash posted...
sonicsonic posted...
Would you be interested if Nintendo giving the FPS genre a try ?

Metroid Prime...

Prime didnt even play like an FPS.

The only thing it had was the First Person Perspective. Mirror's Edge had that too.

Is Mirror's Edge an FPS?
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.