Nintendo FPS?

#61CrimsonAtomskPosted 2/2/2013 3:29:55 PM
Didn't Nintendo do Geist? (or at least they own it I think)

Though I suppose that's another that isn't pure shooter... but it could be revived as such... possibly
---
3DS: 3093 7076 5768
PSN: Crimson_Atomsk
#62DarkZV2BetaPosted 2/2/2013 3:39:49 PM
People are still listing Metroid Prime in the same genre as Myst and Hotel Dusk?
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
a high end card gets bg3 1080p maxed around 200fps ~The Q on BF3.
#63Mirror_AuraPosted 2/2/2013 3:58:28 PM
People are still listing Metroid Prime in the same genre as Myst and Hotel Dusk?

Yeah, whenever this topic comes up, Myst is the first thing that comes to mind upon hearing "First Person Adventure"... such a classic game.

I seriously don't get it. Metroid Prime isn't in the Adventure game genre at all. I don't think people here have played actual Adventure games. It's a First Person Shooter, and that's not a bad thing or anything like that, so... what's the problem with these people?
---
The most powerful army, in, HISTORY.
YAAAAAAYYYYY.
#64DTY3Posted 2/2/2013 4:24:59 PM
Mirror_Aura posted...

Yeah, whenever this topic comes up, Myst is the first thing that comes to mind upon hearing "First Person Adventure"... such a classic game.

I seriously don't get it. Metroid Prime isn't in the Adventure game genre at all. I don't think people here have played actual Adventure games. It's a First Person Shooter, and that's not a bad thing or anything like that, so... what's the problem with these people?

Have you played Prime? It is very much an adventure, just like the 2D ones.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#65DTY3Posted 2/2/2013 4:25:59 PM
_Sovereign_ posted...
The Conduit?

Conduit isnt First Party.

And it sucks anyway.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
#66DarkZV2BetaPosted 2/2/2013 4:26:39 PM
DTY3 posted...
Mirror_Aura posted...

It isn't, wasn't, and never will be.
Have you ever played a real First Person Adventure?
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
a high end card gets bg3 1080p maxed around 200fps ~The Q on BF3.
#67Redjoker777Posted 2/2/2013 4:29:59 PM
pokemon snap

nothing like shooting photos
---
Loshadt-"There are times when I wish I were capable of hating people to death."
#68DTY3Posted 2/2/2013 4:30:09 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
DTY3 posted...
Mirror_Aura posted...

It isn't, wasn't, and never will be.
Have you ever played a real First Person Adventure?

Wait back up.

How are Metroid games not adventures? Or is this some other definition of the term?
---
#69NickTheBlitzPosted 2/2/2013 4:33:45 PM
Tsutarja495 posted...
Yoshi's Safari

Well worth the six batteries that the Super Scope requires. Should've been on the VC.
---
"Love, hope, faith. The greatest of these: love."
Check out my webcomic! http://www.drunkduck.com/La_Vie_a_la_Mode
#70ZvolTxPosted 2/2/2013 4:42:24 PM
Star Wars Battlefront *drools*
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg