We need another "Excite" racer

#1HerPandaPosted 2/2/2013 11:17:38 AM
I'm playing Excitebots currently, and the speed and amount of fun are phenomenal. It's a shame both Excitebots and Excite Truck didn't get a good show in the spotlight and went largely overlooked, but I'm sure an "Excitebike2" would grab a larger audience with name recognition and motocyles and whatnot lol.

Add in 5-player local, and it'd be gold (the 2-player max local on Bots and Truck is their biggest flaw!)
#2Lord_ValkirePosted 2/2/2013 11:20:25 AM
Yes. Excitebots is my favorite racing game I've ever played, I had so much fun, and I was actually pretty good at it to.
---
Wii would like U to play
#3Petey_MeanisPosted 2/2/2013 11:21:54 AM
I loved Excite Truck. Excitebots was cool too but I wasn't really crazy about the bot racers.
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#4WiiLover94Posted 2/2/2013 11:25:01 AM
Excitebikes 2 would be awesome! Quick question: Does ExciteTrucks and ExciteBots have a level creator? And if they don't Nintendo should bring that feature back, the online community would devour it up.
---
"He never saw Molly again."
XBL GT: Hellcamino420
#5HerPanda(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 11:33:48 AM
Aaaand apparently there are already 5 Excite games <_< did not know that. So, bring on Excitebike 4, Nintendo!

Excitebike [NES]
Excitebike 64 [N64]
Excite Truck [Wii]
Excitebots: Trick Racing [Wii]
Excitebike: World Rally [WiiWare]

WiiLover94 posted...
Excitebikes 2 would be awesome! Quick question: Does ExciteTrucks and ExciteBots have a level creator? And if they don't Nintendo should bring that feature back, the online community would devour it up.

As far as I can tell, they don't have level editors :( but I think Excitebots has a fairly active community online still, iirc.
#6ADHDguitarPosted 2/2/2013 11:36:53 AM
Excitebots was awesome, but Nintendo needs to throw them a bigger budget, ESPECIALLY for advertising. I had to explicitly look for "Wii Racing Games" to find that it existed.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#7GojeranPosted 2/2/2013 11:56:03 AM
i'd be down for a new Excite game
---
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate comes out March 19th for the Wii U.
#8HerPanda(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 12:15:14 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
Excitebots was awesome, but Nintendo needs to throw them a bigger budget, ESPECIALLY for advertising. I had to explicitly look for "Wii Racing Games" to find that it existed.

Yeah man, advertising for many of their games is extremely weak unless it's a big name like Mario or Kirby. The funny thing is that Mario and Pokemon and such hardly need as much advertisement as they get; throw a bone to games that won't see the light of day without a bit of advertising!
#9mjc0961Posted 2/2/2013 12:31:52 PM
Excitebots sucked. I picked it up because Excite Truck was so good, but wow, way to f*** up a good thing. Whoever it was on the dev team who thought "Hey, we should interrupt the flow of racing for stupid red and yellow bars you have to twirl around on for 10 seconds each before letting the player actually play the game again" should be fired and then tossed in a dungeon for the rest of his or her life so they can't ruin any other games.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#10HerPanda(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 1:23:22 PM
^well, one is more of a "racer" than the other, but Excitebots is still fun even with the clutter. I enjoy the fact that I can beat races in any way that I want, either by racing or by doing tricks, or both.

Anyway, the little minigame gimmicks keep things fresh imo, more of a "fun" racer like Mario Kart rather than a serious one like F-Zero. Well...actually it's F-Zero meets Mario Kart lol...or something..