Who's bright idea was it to announce the Wii U a year and a half before launch?

#1PhaseBlackPosted 2/2/2013 12:23:19 PM
That pretty much shows how behind the times Nintendo is. In a hype driven world where product launches have proven to be most effective when the excitement of the product unveil is still fresh, it was damning for them to have two E3's dedicated to the system before it even launched. E3 2011 was basically "Here's our new console, which you wont hear anything new about till a year from now and you wont get to own until a year and half's time passes!"

Seriously, that is why the PS4 is being revealed on February 20th, to show off a tease of all it's capabilities and then go into detail about it at E3 with it launching in the holiday of this year. From late February to mid June, Sony will be doing what Nintendo wasted a year and a half doing. The Wii U's problems stemmed from such mishandling of it's unveil
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2mjc0961Posted 2/2/2013 12:30:07 PM
PhaseBlack posted...
Seriously, that is why the PS4 is being revealed on February 20th

Oh, was it confirmed that this is what Sony's going to talk about then?

...No? Then stop talking out of your ass.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#3ArabrockermanXPosted 2/2/2013 12:32:43 PM
Actually it was because there was a few too many leaks... The controller was out there and Nintendo had to act in order to settle down the investors should they have held off a bit longer? Probably but hindsight is 20/20
#4PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 12:33:54 PM
mjc0961 posted...
PhaseBlack posted...

You are clueless
---
PSVita & 3DS
#5anon_firePosted 2/2/2013 12:35:32 PM
PhaseBlack posted...
mjc0961 posted...
PhaseBlack posted...

You are clueless

I say you're the clueless one. I watched that teaser and it mentioned nothing about PS4.
#6ZBug_Posted 2/2/2013 12:36:00 PM
ArabrockermanX posted...
Actually it was because there was a few too many leaks... The controller was out there and Nintendo had to act in order to settle down the investors should they have held off a bit longer? Probably but hindsight is 20/20

---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#7PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 12:37:19 PM
ArabrockermanX posted...

That is bull****, you know it and I know it. Capcom's Ono leaked out that Nintendo would be showing their new console at that E3, before there were *any* leaks or rumors of the new console.

Nintendo were simply following the outdated process of showing a new console a year or more before it releases. Example, PS3 and the Nintendo Revolution were shown at E3 2005 and came out holiday 2006. The world has changed since then (thanks to Apple) and now people fully expect to be able to buy a new product not long after it's shown.
---
PSVita & 3DS
#8PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 12:38:29 PM
anon_fire posted...
PhaseBlack posted...
mjc0961 posted...
PhaseBlack posted...

You are clueless

I say you're the clueless one. I watched that teaser and it mentioned nothing about PS4.

They only do those events when they announce new hardware, developers have had PS4 devkits for a while now.... put two and two together
---
PSVita & 3DS
#9b1gt0nePosted 2/2/2013 12:41:53 PM
fail
#10DiscostewSMPosted 2/2/2013 12:47:59 PM
PhaseBlack posted...
They only do those events when they announce new hardware

Revision of the PSVita.

Besides, if they announced the PS4 on Feb 20, then that simply says they are flip-floppers after making it clear that they'd let Microsoft go first. How many more flip-flops will people allow Sony to get away with? Maybe they won't have to deal with it long, as Sony has been going downhill for years.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project