Iwata: Cloud gaming is not the future

#121Board_hunter567Posted 2/3/2013 9:38:51 PM
The best future for cloud gaming is in instant demos and Smartphones/TVs.
#122ixoriaPosted 2/3/2013 9:42:03 PM
Wii U and its Tablet Controller and weak CPU is not the future either.
#123IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/3/2013 9:45:27 PM
GeassMaster posted...
I guess this means the Wii U won't have any Cloud features at all. Seems like whenever there is something Nintendo don't plan on having till the next console they say that it isn't the future or "gamers don't want it".

Yep, just like the Wii and HD
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#124MastaFlamezPosted 2/3/2013 9:48:16 PM
Being that there are 13 pages of comments, I'm SURE this has already been said. I don't feel like reading 13 pages worth of comments to find out being if I'm being repetitive, so I'll just go ahead and say -

This is coming from the same guy who is too stubborn to accommodate the ability to play Blu-Rays, DVDs, or even CDs for christ's sake on his next gen console - the console that will likely be his company's primary source of revenue for a minimum of the next half decade. This dude needs to get with the times.
#125BuretsuPosted 2/3/2013 9:58:26 PM
MastaFlamez posted...
This is coming from the same guy who is too stubborn to accommodate the ability to play Blu-Rays, DVDs, or even CDs for christ's sake on his next gen console

You mean completely unnecessary features that will do nothing but raise the price of the console?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#126BuretsuPosted 2/3/2013 9:59:29 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
GeassMaster posted...
I guess this means the Wii U won't have any Cloud features at all. Seems like whenever there is something Nintendo don't plan on having till the next console they say that it isn't the future or "gamers don't want it".

Wonder what you'll say when the PS4 and 720 don't have Cloud Gaming either...
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#127ORANGE666Posted 2/3/2013 11:01:38 PM
Buretsu posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...
GeassMaster posted...

Wonder what you'll say when the PS4 and 720 don't have Cloud Gaming either...

Sony bought Gakai for $380 million last year. A lot of money spent by a company that many on this board claim is going to be bankrupt as early as next year. Why would Sony just throw away all that money if they`re not going to use it
#128Sailor GoonPosted 2/3/2013 11:22:12 PM
Buretsu posted...
MastaFlamez posted...
This is coming from the same guy who is too stubborn to accommodate the ability to play Blu-Rays, DVDs, or even CDs for christ's sake on his next gen console

You mean completely unnecessary features that will do nothing but raise the price of the console?

Yeah, watching any sort of media is completely unnecessary on a new device. You really are delusional.
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#129Paulf001Posted 2/3/2013 11:24:55 PM
Games aren't movies and they stream very poorly with current intenet connections. I really doubt cloud gaming will be replacing owning your own hardware any time soon. Could you imagine playing like a fighting game streamed.
#130BuretsuPosted 2/3/2013 11:33:46 PM(edited)
Sailor Goon posted...
Buretsu posted...
MastaFlamez posted...

Yeah, watching any sort of media is completely unnecessary on a new device. You really are delusional.

Who doesn't have at least one DVD player? Or a computer than can play DVDs? Who has Blu-Rays, but doesn't already have a standalone Blu-Ray player? Or a PS3? Who even uses CDs anymore, except on their PC to rip MP3s for their smartphones or iPods? You're the one who's delusional if you think that adding yet another redundant player to someone's collection is worth the price increase of the console.
---