Iwata: Cloud gaming is not the future

#51KroganBallEaterPosted 2/2/2013 5:27:31 PM
Iwata 2006: Online Gaming and HD gaming are not the future.

Present: they ****ing are.
---
I knew we forgot someone... you
#52ORANGE666Posted 2/2/2013 5:36:02 PM
KroganBallEater posted...

He said something more in lines of "gamers don't want online" and "HD will not take off".

Remember that Nintendo is only a software company, they aren't in control or in the know of what major companies are doing. Like for what he says about cloud gaming, he has no idea what direction its heading in or hows its improving because once again, Nintendo is just a simple gaming company. They don't know anything or contribute improvements.
#53JackalPosted 2/2/2013 5:43:08 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Jackal posted...
People once thought that way about streaming movie services. ;) In one of the IGN shows they talked about how Sony may be positioning themselves to move away from console and have their PlayStation brand available across multiple devices. Basically, you would play all of the Sony games on everything from iOS to Android to PC and streaming TV devices and PCs. Anytime, anyplace. They would leave the hardware business. They also believe that a universal game box may be in the future after the PS4/720 generation because console are getting so close to PCs that one box could play it all and all developers would just make there games for it.

Here is the link to the show, Scope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkB9mwecLA4

Anyone who thought that about streaming video didn't know what they are talking about. Videos are non interactive, it doesn't matter how much delay or lag there is and the servers only need to send they don't need to receive. Also what you are describing is logistically impossible and will be for atleast another decade probably longer. Not to mention based on their success with psone games on tablets it would just a stupid move.

Oh, I'm using it on my Nexus 7. I'm watching someone elses live game streaming to my tablet. Batman: AC is the game.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#54JackalPosted 2/2/2013 5:47:44 PM
Also used for Cloud based gaming.

http://www.onlive.com/lgtv
---
#55DemonDog666Posted 2/2/2013 5:48:32 PM
Jackal posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Jackal posted...
People once thought that way about streaming movie services. ;) In one of the IGN shows they talked about how Sony may be positioning themselves to move away from console and have their PlayStation brand available across multiple devices. Basically, you would play all of the Sony games on everything from iOS to Android to PC and streaming TV devices and PCs. Anytime, anyplace. They would leave the hardware business. They also believe that a universal game box may be in the future after the PS4/720 generation because console are getting so close to PCs that one box could play it all and all developers would just make there games for it.

Here is the link to the show, Scope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkB9mwecLA4

Anyone who thought that about streaming video didn't know what they are talking about. Videos are non interactive, it doesn't matter how much delay or lag there is and the servers only need to send they don't need to receive. Also what you are describing is logistically impossible and will be for atleast another decade probably longer. Not to mention based on their success with psone games on tablets it would just a stupid move.

Oh, I'm using it on my Nexus 7. I'm watching someone elses live game streaming to my tablet. Batman: AC is the game.

No you are watching a buffer, that's alot different from having every keypress having to go through the network and hten the results having to go through it again.
#56JackalPosted 2/2/2013 6:06:22 PM
http://www.onlive.com/
---
#57P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/2/2013 6:09:08 PM
ORANGE666 posted...

He said something more in lines of "gamers don't want online" and "HD will not take off".

Remember that Nintendo is only a software company, they aren't in control or in the know of what major companies are doing. Like for what he says about cloud gaming, he has no idea what direction its heading in or hows its improving because once again, Nintendo is just a simple gaming company. They don't know anything or contribute improvements.

No, he said Online wasn't profitable in 2002 and HD wasn't prominent at the Wii's launch.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#58ZetamancerPosted 2/2/2013 6:13:50 PM
The thing I don't get about nintendo, is that they did the whole online gaming thing like 10 years before everyone else. (satellaview). You can argue that it wasn't online MP, and you'd be right, but it was still a step years before anyone else.

And they decided that no one else would like it. That's Nintendo's biggest fallacy. They always, ALWAYS assume that other countries won't like their innovations or interesting IPs. So we lose out, and ultimately so do they.
---
Pokemon Diamond FC: 0517 6756 4359
#59RelevenPosted 2/2/2013 6:13:54 PM
Iwata represents a everso shrinking population of gamers that have been there since the begining.

We don't like DD or DLC. We don't like clouds. We don't like paying for something that doesn't exist, nor do we like our accounts getting hacked and therefore made unusable for 2 months.

Kids today may love this crap, but it's just another headache waiting to happen for the rest of us.

Luckily, Nintendo listens to US, and we get a simple, easy to understand console. You want a cloud, go elsewhere.

I'm sick of these whiney self entitled kids with no jobs complaining whenever someone doesn't cater directly to them.
---
http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012/07/02/the-rise-of-costs-the-fall-of-gaming/
#60LinetrixPosted 2/2/2013 6:18:21 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
ORANGE666 posted...

No, he said Online wasn't profitable in 2002 and HD wasn't prominent at the Wii's launch.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/news050704iwatacomments

"Iwata presented sales figures for a PS2 online golf title which failed to match the sales of its offline predecessor (Sony's own Minna no Golf / Everybody's Golf titles, released in the west as Hot Shots Golf) as 'proof that customers do not want online games.'"

It's both sad and hilarious that drones have to flat out lie in order to continue living in their dream world. Hahahahaha.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation