Why doesn't Nintendo just do this for Starfox?

#1blinkfreakPosted 2/2/2013 2:43:07 PM
Just make Starfox 2 for Wii U or even 3DS. Wasn't the game like 90% finished for SNES? They don't even have to think of a new game just remake that one.
#2GameKing59Posted 2/3/2013 9:23:04 AM
I wouldn't mind.
#3Maxx_the_SlashPosted 2/3/2013 9:25:21 AM
blinkfreak posted...
Just make Starfox 2 for Wii U or even 3DS. Wasn't the game like 90% finished for SNES? They don't even have to think of a new game just remake that one.

They eventually made it for the DS. It's called Star Fox Command. Everything that was going to be in Star Fox 2 went into Command, and it added even more content.

It blew.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash
#4DarthNAS4Posted 2/3/2013 9:35:18 AM
blinkfreak posted...

They eventually made it for the DS. It's called Star Fox Command. Everything that was going to be in Star Fox 2 went into Command, and it added even more content.

It blew.

Correct. But they do need to make a Star Fox for Wii U.
---
"The most excellent struggle is that for the conquest of self."
~Prophet Muhammad
#5blinkfreak(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 9:38:02 AM
Maxx_the_Slash posted...
blinkfreak posted...

It blew.

I wasn't aware of that. I thought Command was all "All Range Mode" gameplay which sucks and didn't it use touch controls? Might be another reason it was bad. I never played it so I don't know.
#6strongo9Posted 2/3/2013 9:43:49 AM
Maxx_the_Slash posted...
blinkfreak posted...

It blew.

The new content and DS control scheme blew, not the original Star Fox 2 content.
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#7P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/3/2013 9:45:01 AM
blinkfreak posted...
Maxx_the_Slash posted...
blinkfreak posted...

It blew.

I wasn't aware of that. I thought Command was all "All Range Mode" gameplay which sucks and didn't it use touch controls? Might be another reason it was bad. I never played it so I don't know.

SF2 and SFC are SRPG featuring All-Range combat. It doesn't play like SF or SF64.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOQfSJMQiJw
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#8Mirror_AuraPosted 2/3/2013 9:52:45 AM
blinkfreak posted...

It blew.

Correct. But they do need to make a Star Fox for Wii U.

No, he's not correct. Why are you two spreading false information? :facepalm:

SF:C does not play like SF2. That is an objective fact. But I will be nice and assume you two didn't actually play Star Fox 2 for comparison... which, btw, blows every other Star Fox game except the original and Assault, out of the water.

SF2 has a unique gameplay style where enemies and missiles slowly approach Corneria (which has health) in real-time, even when not on the map. On the map, you move a cursor, and then confirm to have your ship move there. You can intercept missiles, battleships, and other things (bosses, Star Wolf). You can move to an occupied planet to take out a core, liberating it so it doesn't fire more missiles. Andross occupies more planets on higher difficulties. The basic gameplay outside of the main map (i.e. on planets and when fighting missiles/battleships/bosses) is like "all range mode" in SF64, but the ship handles more like in the original Star Fox (which is a good thing) and so you will usually transform into a walking mech to navigate the levels better.

It's a very fun and interesting game. Worth expanding on.

Star Fox Command is just garbage. Nothing like SF2. Don't even understand how they can be compared beyond simple statements like "they're both Star Fox games!".
---
The most powerful army, in, HISTORY.
YAAAAAAYYYYY.
#9Maxx_the_SlashPosted 2/3/2013 11:57:47 AM(edited)
strongo9 posted...
Maxx_the_Slash posted...
blinkfreak posted...

It blew.

The new content and DS control scheme blew, not the original Star Fox 2 content.

The mission style blew too. You had to draw paths on the touch screen to intercept enemies that kept moving away from their positions so you could never catch up to them to battle and shoot them down. If the game had traditional button controls like Star Fox 64 3D has, plus a standard All-Rage Mode style gameplay where you could fly around at your leisure instead of only being able to when you were somehow lucky enough to intercept an enemy and enter the battle screen, Command would have been better.

Star Fox 2 was like that as well, and it was ass. And I think they knew it was ass, hence the game not coming out and some of it's features that were traditional were carried into Star Fox 64.

Mirror_Aura posted...
No, he's not correct. Why are you two spreading false information? :facepalm:

SF:C does not play like SF2. That is an objective fact. But I will be nice and assume you two didn't actually play Star Fox 2 for comparison... which, btw, blows every other Star Fox game except the original and Assault, out of the water.

SF2 has a unique gameplay style where enemies and missiles slowly approach Corneria (which has health) in real-time, even when not on the map. On the map, you move a cursor, and then confirm to have your ship move there. You can intercept missiles, battleships, and other things (bosses, Star Wolf). You can move to an occupied planet to take out a core, liberating it so it doesn't fire more missiles. Andross occupies more planets on higher difficulties. The basic gameplay outside of the main map (i.e. on planets and when fighting missiles/battleships/bosses) is like "all range mode" in SF64, but the ship handles more like in the original Star Fox (which is a good thing) and so you will usually transform into a walking mech to navigate the levels better.

It's a very fun and interesting game. Worth expanding on.

Star Fox Command is just garbage. Nothing like SF2. Don't even understand how they can be compared beyond simple statements like "they're both Star Fox games!".

Star Fox Command was nothing like Star Fox 2? Okay, let's look at the parts of your post I bold-faced.

Now let's look at Star Fox Command:

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2006/236/reviews/933009_20060825_screen006.jpg

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2006/236/reviews/933009_20060825_screen008.jpg

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2006/236/reviews/933009_20060825_screen011.jpg

They're the game general concept. Plot your course on a map, intercept missiles and ships, fight bosses. SAME GAME. They just added more **** to it, like more playable characters, different missions and a different plot. The gameplay mechanics are identical. In fact, the only difference in the gameplay mechanics is that in Command on the DS, you drew your course on the map with the stylus, while in Star Fox 2 you had to use a directional pad, for obvious reasons.

I don't think YOU played Star Fox Command...
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash
#10Mirror_AuraPosted 2/3/2013 1:37:38 PM
From: Maxx_the_Slash | Posted: 2/3/2013 2:57:47 PM | #009
Star Fox Command was nothing like Star Fox 2? Okay, let's look at the parts of your post I bold-faced.

Now let's look at Star Fox Command:

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2006/236/reviews/933009_20060825_screen006.jpg

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2006/236/reviews/933009_20060825_screen008.jpg

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2006/236/reviews/933009_20060825_screen011.jpg

They're the game general concept. Plot your course on a map, intercept missiles and ships, fight bosses. SAME GAME. They just added more **** to it, like more playable characters, different missions and a different plot. The gameplay mechanics are identical. In fact, the only difference in the gameplay mechanics is that in Command on the DS, you drew your course on the map with the stylus, while in Star Fox 2 you had to use a directional pad, for obvious reasons.

I don't think YOU played Star Fox Command...

Uhm, yes. I've played every Star Fox game. Your response doesn't make any sense. In those Star Fox Command images, you scout out a map in a turn-based fashion. There's no real-time course changing and intercepting enemy missiles/ships, the map isn't fully revealed from the start... obviously unlike Star Fox 2.

In Star Fox 2, you transform from an Arwing into a walking mech thing in the planet levels and inside of Battleships. In Star Fox Command, it's all in ships. No landmaster, no walking mechs, no submarine. None of the Star Fox Command levels take place inside of battleships and deal with destroying cores. Similarly, none of the Star Fox Command levels have you on a planet's surface, pushing down buttons in a mech, and then going into underground sections to destroy a core. Then there's the way the ships handle in both games, totally different. Or the fact that SF2's map is big with many planets shown at once and done in real-time, compared to SFC which is many small maps with a turn-based system...

The gameplay mechanics are far from identical. They are not the same game. One is a bad DS game, the other is a great unreleased SNES game. I honestly can't figure out if you're trolling or seriously can't tell the difference... please clarify.
---
The most powerful army, in, HISTORY.
YAAAAAAYYYYY.