Do you think this will be Nintendos last..

#11Dark_AbaddonPosted 2/2/2013 10:14:43 PM
maybe... but that is only because I can see them combining their home consoles and portable consoles into one super console in the near future (think gamepad only smaller, and plays the games without the Wii U part)
---
and thus concludes my post.
#12FFXIgaiaknightPosted 2/2/2013 10:19:16 PM
nope but if nintendo for some reason did decide to bow out of the console race they always have the handheld market to back them up.
---
Currently Playing: DMC: Devil May Cry (PS3)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#13Banjo2553Posted 2/2/2013 10:59:50 PM
I don't think it is. I just don't know what they're gonna do for their next console though, aside from virtual reality.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#14sabinblitz666Posted 2/2/2013 11:16:29 PM
I will think this is nintendos last console if you think this will be the last idiotic topic asking people something so incredibly stupid.
#15Board_hunter567Posted 2/2/2013 11:19:37 PM
Not in the way of what we think of as a home console anyway.
#16Skul_Posted 2/2/2013 11:28:46 PM
This is daily topic here...
---
cave story is a nes or snes port-DemonDog666
i5-2500-GTX550TI-8GB; DSi; 3DS; GBASP; Wii;Galaxy SIII; iPod Touch 4th Gen;
#17ImGanondorfLolPosted 2/2/2013 11:41:14 PM
It's too soon to tell but I doubt it. Definitely don't think they would fail, but if they ever stopped, it would be because they think it's no longer worth it.
#18djmaster1994Posted 2/2/2013 11:43:20 PM
no
same thing was said during N64 - GC - Wii
---
A Proud Member of the N-Dub Nation!!
#19leeko_linkPosted 2/2/2013 11:46:59 PM
bladedwraith posted...
Home console? I would just like a discussion. I am not trolling, I currently strongly support Nintendo. But, some friends and I were taking and we all have mixed opinions. I hope it isn't, and do not think it will be, but I'd like to know what others think.

Well Nintendo sold less units and make less money during the N64 and GameCube era and they still manage to go forward. I don't see them leaving console anytime soon though as they are still making a ton of revenue from the Wii, DS, 3DS, and Wii U. The only we ever know its Nintendo's last console is when they no longer make a handheld device and their console isn't selling otherwise as it is now, the 3DS is still selling, their DS line still profit and they still had the Wii as back-up for the Wii U. I say Nintendo is doing okay, until they choose to become third party that's when they go under.
#20darkjedilinkPosted 2/2/2013 11:50:26 PM
There is no possible outcome of the next ten years that is actually grounded in any semblance of reality that has Nintendo dropping out of the home console market, so long as video games are still an activity.

Nintendo is sitting on so much cash, with so little debt, they can take a quarter of a billion dollars as a loss in a year, every year, until 2052, without having to take out a loan.

The companies that have stopped making hardware didn't do it solely on the basis of the popularity of their console. They did it because it costed them a crapton of money to make said unpopular console.

If any of the current console manufacturers has any chance of losing out of the hardware business over the next decade, it's Sony - they're in so much financial trouble that they're in the process of selling their US headquarters building right now, and intend to sell their Kyoto HQ next year. This, combined with the fact that over the past decade they've lost more money from SCEA than almost everything else combined, it's a no-brainer what they'd drop to get back to solvency if it came to it.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie