Nintendo is like a broken record. New system. Same old lazy Nintendo

#41Hustler NinePosted 2/3/2013 4:48:20 AM
devastatorX2 posted...
I beat New Super Mario Wii U only to be given another lazy Nintendo ending that ends after maybe 1 minute.

I spend many hours beating all levels only to get proverbially kicked in the crotch as a reward.

How come Nintendo is so lazy?

This gen Nintendo needs to have voice acting.
Good writing.
Good dialogue.
Good game endings.

Nintendo is like a broken record. Keeps repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

Nintendo makes low budget games because they provide more profit. Kids buy them so Nintendo will never stop doing that or change the way it is.
---
If you call the Devil, Dante will come. If you call Dante, then...Devil May Cry...
#42leeko_linkPosted 2/3/2013 2:37:04 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
leeko_link posted...
devastatorX2 posted...
I beat New Super Mario Wii U only to be given another lazy Nintendo ending that ends after maybe 1 minute.

I spend many hours beating all levels only to get proverbially kicked in the crotch as a reward.

How come Nintendo is so lazy?

Good writing.
Good dialogue.
Good game endings.

Nintendo is like a broken record. Keeps repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

Last I remember a Super Mario game, it was actually a game and you know, not a movie.

Let's break it down.

Game A gives you a great game, engaging game play along with excellent story, voice acting a top notch ending for $60

Mario gives you the old game, slightly updated colors, higher resolution and terrible ending, all for $60

Ummm, why not get the same as Game a, since it costs the same.

Not all games are like Game A ya know, just like not all movies are like Lord of the Rings calibur. Some games lose their charm when they had those awful voicework, cutscenes, dialogue, and stuff. The Super Mario games were always about challenge and completion, it was never meant to offer a deep story or an award winning ending.
#43mini_blightPosted 2/3/2013 2:45:30 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Let's break it down.

Game A gives you a great game, engaging game play along with excellent story, voice acting a top notch ending for $60

Let me know when this fantasy game is made. I have a feeling I'll be waiting for another decade or two.

Mario gives you the old game, slightly updated colors, higher resolution and terrible ending, all for $60

Ummm, why not get the same as Game a, since it costs the same.

NSMBU is not the old game. What old game? Every NSMB game has brand new stages. No one cares about the artstyle. If they did, SMW would be the highest selling Mario of all time.
#44Tsutarja495Posted 2/3/2013 2:50:27 PM
I don't care about story, so I'm fine with the way they keep it out of Mario games.
#45jjeerryyonly9Posted 2/3/2013 2:54:15 PM
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...
Also who says Nintendo can't do great endings?

spoiler
http://youtu.be/3v10lERDBCI

the only thing missing is VA

Love. It.
---
TO MICHAEL!!!
PSN: RadKickAss /// 3DS: 0662-2594-4115
#46star_guy_100Posted 2/3/2013 3:04:23 PM
devastatorX2 posted...

Good writing.
Good dialogue.
Good game endings.

nintendo will never have any of these things. thats not what nintendo does. and as far as voice acting, fanboys defend not having va because "none of the games have had va's before and it worked just fine, so why change it now? we are used to it and dont want change" nintendo gets off saving a lot of money and fanboys defend the choice of nintendo staying the mid 90s rather then getting with the times.