I think my topic about fanatics was misunderstood.

#1BlueFlameBatPosted 2/2/2013 7:47:41 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/65300390 in case you're wondering.

I am not a Sony, Microsoft, or Apple fanatic and I don't hate Nintendo (much). The reason I get so upset about fanatics (in this case, Nintendo fanatics) is because they seem to blindly defend everything about their favorite company and sometimes hurl insults in the process (though many of the insults are just indirect enough to avoid moderation).
I don't view the Wii U as some piece of crap. It's an interesting new machine with a touch-screen controller, and it's finally capable of displaying in 1080P without the need of some third-party HDMI adapter. My problem with it is all the stuff that it's missing which comes standard in other console already out as well as the restrictions I mentioned. When people just blindly defend the Wii U like they did the Wii, that sends a message to Nintendo that it doesn't need to use its full potential but instead cut corners and costs at any measure (including dealing with a manufacturing company notorious for its terrible workplace ethics) while trying to maintain an overly-strict control of its customers in regards to what they can do on the Wii and Wii U.
I was hoping Nintendo would put out a much more powerful and expensive system and continue supporting the Wii for five more years, maybe ten, thereby satisfying two targets since there are plenty of people who seem to think no advancements are necessary. Get the casuals and hardcores with two different consoles. It's not rocket science. Instead, Nintendo is sweeping the Wii under the rug in an attempt to lure all its fans to the next system. I've seen this happen before when people wanted Mother 3 (or Earthbound 2) and Nintendo Power kept telling people not to worry because it's coming to the next system, as if that should make a difference to someone who hasn't bought it yet ... which is unfortunately a common case. Note the Galaxy S3 commercial: http://youtu.be/nf5-Prx19ZM?t=1m21s
I recall an e-mail reply from Nintendo regarding Nintendo Puzzle Collection's cancellation outside of Japan which pretty much asked me if I wouldn't rather have it on Wii ... two-thirds of that never ended up happening either.
I hardly care what stupid decisions Sony or Microsoft make for their upcoming systems when such decisions do not affect me personally. I do, however, care a lot about the decisions of a company I've been a fan of ever since I was about 10, and I don't need easily-satisfied fanatics (one of which I'll admit to having been myself, especially during the Nintendo 64 era) giving the idea to Nintendo that it's okay to supply the bare minimum. I also don't need annoying trolls who say that Metroid doesn't need a proper anniversary because Samus is just some girl.
I understand that people have a right to their opinions. Understand that I also have a right to hate some of those opinions and you have the right to hate some or all of mine.
I also admit to being wrong about the battery life of the Wii U tablet (five hours, not three) as well as the method of playing previously bought WiiWare and VC games on Wii U.
Sorry for the really long post, but I needed to get all of that out there. I know the risk of this topic getting deleted for allegedly being off-topic or trolling, neither of which is my intention; I'm not here to insult Nintendo or its fans. I don't hate Nintendo and I don't hate Nintendo fans. It's the blindly-loyal fanatics (what some might call fanboys or fangirls) I can't stand, and that goes for the Microsoft, Sony, and Apple fanatics as well.
---
"BlueFlameBat has not entered any biographical information. It's probably none of your damn business anyway." -G4TV profile
There is still no escape.
#2HungtotheoverPosted 2/2/2013 7:48:31 PM
Nba it's fantastic
---
The only 3rd party games that sell on Nintendo consoles are ones that make you dance.
#3BuretsuPosted 2/2/2013 7:49:42 PM
Yeah, you say you hate all blind fanboys, but the only ones you call out are Nintendo fanboys. Definition of bias, right there.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#4BlueFlameBat(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 7:50:15 PM
Hungtotheover posted...
Nba it's fantastic

???
---
"BlueFlameBat has not entered any biographical information. It's probably none of your damn business anyway." -G4TV profile
#5BlueFlameBat(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 7:52:37 PM
Buretsu posted...
Yeah, you say you hate all blind fanboys, but the only ones you call out are Nintendo fanboys. Definition of bias, right there.

I'm not here to talk about the other fanatics. This board isn't about PS3 or XBox 360. It is, however, about the Wii U.
---
#6MegagunstarmanPosted 2/2/2013 7:57:31 PM
I'm pretty sure you got the 500 posts you were fishing for.

You're right though, plenty of people misunderstood your topic and believed you weren't trolling. Same thing will happen here too.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#7BuretsuPosted 2/2/2013 8:01:18 PM
BlueFlameBat posted...
Buretsu posted...

I'm not here to talk about the other fanatics. This board isn't about PS3 or XBox 360. It is, however, about the Wii U.

So if I go to the PS3 or 360 boards, I'll see a topic from you ranting about Sony and Microsoft fanboys respectively?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#8BlueFlameBat(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 8:32:12 PM(edited)
Megagunstarman posted...
I'm pretty sure you got the 500 posts you were fishing for.

You're right though, plenty of people misunderstood your topic and believed you weren't trolling. Same thing will happen here too.

I wasn't trolling. Not intentionally, anyway.
I didn't mean to make a 500-post topic either, though I admittedly feel somewhat accomplished for finally doing so.

Buretsu posted...
BlueFlameBat posted...
Buretsu posted...

So if I go to the PS3 or 360 boards, I'll see a topic from you ranting about Sony and Microsoft fanboys respectively?

Maybe not right now. I traded less than civil words with what I believe to be Sony fanatics when I ranted on the DC Universe Online message board about Sony Online Entertainment's deceptive product description for Lightning Strikes, but that was a while ago. I don't care as much about Sony and Microsoft fanatics because they influence companies I don't have nearly as much respect for. I'm still sort of a Nintendo fanatic, just not a blind one. And no, I don't hate myself even if I logically should. I doubt I'll ever convince you that I'm not blatantly anti-Nintendo. If you don't believe me, there is nothing I can do about that.
---
#9Argh4430Posted 2/2/2013 9:43:55 PM
I think the problem is that Nintendo is a Japanese company, and GameFAQs is an American website (that you can access anywhere in the world, but is dominantly in English, as per the ToS). The people here cannot really influence Nintendo's decisions. Even trying to influence NoA is hit-or-miss, and we'll never know. The people here will either complain about Nintendo, complement them, defend them, or have no opinion. Trying to get Nintendo to change here is like trying to talk to an outsourced help desk about something going on in your community. If you want any kind of change, talk to them directly, in their language, or take the surveys on Club Nintendo, and hope they listen.
---
NNID: Snyder78
3DS FC: 3695-1354-4936
#10Baha05Posted 2/2/2013 9:49:35 PM
I think the issue is TC, your topic had no real reason to exist and when you call a group of people fanatics being Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, whatever is asking for glares your way. Yes there have been odd things people defend but there are far more things people bash or over criticize too and that gets far more annoying in the grand scheme of things.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U