what does nintendo stand to lose if they go 3rd party?

#1chstarPosted 2/2/2013 8:55:00 PM
I asked this yesterday but my topic was deleted as trolling? So I'll try again.

Since nintendo is currently selling their consoles at a loss what does nintendo stand to lose by going 3rd party? It's easily a win win situation. On the gamers front, we get to continue playing nintendo's awesome games without having to purchase a nintendo consoles purely to play nintendo games on. We can now play most of all the games we want on one console and more importantly, now have real online support for nintendo games (who wouldn't want to play brawl/ new super mario bros X, mario kart, donkey kong country returns etc etc on psn or xboxlive!)

but on nintendo's side, they also stand to gain. Their games will now reach a vastly larger audience generating more revenue. Not to mention the elimination of losing money on the consoles they sell.

Now I realize this is just a pipe dream more than anything. But I am curious if nintendo really would stand to lose anything over this. as otherwise their seems to be nothing but gains for all.

also, its ok to have an opinion everyone. even if it is slightly opposed to yours. That doesn't mean it's "trolling." Maybe I am a bit older than you guys or something, but I actually had to look that up to know what it meant.
#2KI SimpsonPosted 2/2/2013 8:58:50 PM
They would lose money from third party games sold on their systems and control over the systems they are programming for.
---
https://twitter.com/PaulClarkHelpMe
#3SPDShadowRangerPosted 2/2/2013 9:00:24 PM
Domination of the handheld gaming market.
#4BuretsuPosted 2/2/2013 9:00:27 PM
chstar posted...
I asked this yesterday but my topic was deleted as trolling? So I'll try again.

Since nintendo is currently selling their consoles at a loss

All consoles sell at a loss early in their life cycle. PS3 was $600, and was still selling at a loss.

The whole notion is silly. Why doesn't Sony or Microsoft go 3rd party, and produce games for the PC? That's a larger audience than any console.

also, its ok to have an opinion everyone. even if it is slightly opposed to yours. That doesn't mean it's "trolling." Maybe I am a bit older than you guys or something, but I actually had to look that up to know what it meant.

Waah, waah, you got called out for trolling, and are trying to play the immaturity card...
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#5chstar(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 9:10:21 PM
Buretsu posted...
chstar posted...

Waah, waah, you got called out for trolling, and are trying to play the immaturity card...

who's immature now? because based on whats been written...

in any case, I feel like a lot of people (based on the previous topic) are younger nintendo fans, who are just blindly defending nintendo. That isn't to say all those who have that opinion are younger, just based off of responses, it seems that way. Having grown up on the original nintendo through the N64 in the mid 80's through late 90's I am a nintendo fan at heart as well. But like many, I switched over to sony/microsoft as I got older. Especially now, being in the military, the only way to play with friends/family is via an online service which only sony and microsoft offer. I was looking forward to the Wii U in the hopes they would catch up to sony and microsoft finally with a comparable online service, but have still fallen far behind. Given that this is mostly a win win situation, especially for gamers, I was interested to see how many share my opinion. But instead I am mostly getting immature responses. Not that this is overly important or anything. o well.
#6chstar(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 9:12:30 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7FFXIgaiaknightPosted 2/2/2013 9:16:32 PM
TC if the mods actually modded you for trolling when they let some "interesting" stuff slide chances are you were trolling.
---
Currently Playing: DMC: Devil May Cry (PS3)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#8MajinKogahazanPosted 2/2/2013 9:26:28 PM
chstar posted...

also, its ok to have an opinion everyone. even if it is slightly opposed to yours..

That's a lie
---
Read a Nuzlocke by me and a friend at: http://blue-heracross.deviantart.com/
Dubs>Subs