pre-ordering digital games?

#11hellbringherPosted 2/2/2013 10:19:25 PM
Hmmm let's see.

It can't sell out.
Even if you have something to do you can't play it till you are done with said "event".
How long is the longest download? You can't wait a few minutes?

It's one of the stupidest concepts. What if it gets delayed or you decide you don't want it after reviews or because you just don't want it?

Like I said its stupid. It's not like its limited.
---
News - EA does not like the Wii U. Fanboy - good they are horrible anyway.
#12HungtotheoverPosted 2/2/2013 10:22:27 PM
Have to agree. It's pretty stupid. Is anyone scared of a sellout? Ha
---
The only 3rd party games that sell on Nintendo consoles are ones that make you dance.
#13NerdstickPosted 2/2/2013 10:25:31 PM(edited)
hellbringher posted...
Hmmm let's see.

It can't sell out.
Even if you have something to do you can't play it till you are done with said "event".

It's one of the stupidest concepts. What if it gets delayed or you decide you don't want it after reviews or because you just don't want it?

You know WiiU disks go up to 25GB (or dual-layer 50GB) right? It's more than a few minutes. Let alone possible throttling (such as that 40 minute update for BLOPS2 that Giant Bomb had to sit through) due to everybody downloading at once..
#14Pkshootout13Posted 2/2/2013 10:27:28 PM
hellbringher posted...
Hmmm let's see.

It can't sell out.

I honestly have to agree. i don't see the point in it other than pre order bonuses, but i feel like they should give those to whoever decides to download digitally anyways as incentive
---
Gt: PkShootout13 NNID: PkShootout13
Feel free to send me a friend request or add me through miiverse!
#15HungtotheoverPosted 2/2/2013 10:29:27 PM
Nerdstick posted...
hellbringher posted...
Hmmm let's see.

It can't sell out.

You know WiiU disks go up to 25GB (or dual-layer 50GB) right? It's more than a few minutes. Let alone possible throttling (such as that 40 minute update for BLOPS2 that Giant Bomb had to sit through) due to everybody downloading at once..

Makes no sense. By that logic more people are downloading the second the game comes out. If you are not sitting at the Wii U at this time which is why you want to pre order than why do you care about throttling? Download it when you get home or wake up because by your logic you can play a game while you sleep or while you are away from the Wii U. Also...you are extremely lazy and\or impatient.
---
The only 3rd party games that sell on Nintendo consoles are ones that make you dance.
#16NerdstickPosted 2/2/2013 10:37:04 PM
Hungtotheover posted...
Nerdstick posted...
hellbringher posted...
Hmmm let's see.

It can't sell out.

Makes no sense. By that logic more people are downloading the second the game comes out. If you are not sitting at the Wii U at this time which is why you want to pre order than why do you care about throttling? Download it when you get home or wake up because by your logic you can play a game while you sleep or while you are away from the Wii U. Also...you are extremely lazy and\or impatient.

I don't see how not wanting to wait hours (or many, many hours depending on your internet speed) makes you lazy/impatient. No idea what the other point you're trying to make about sleeping is.
#17meiyukiPosted 2/2/2013 10:39:13 PM
Pkshootout13 posted...

I honestly have to agree. i don't see the point in it other than pre order bonuses, but i feel like they should give those to whoever decides to download digitally anyways as incentive

It would be for pre-loading the game. Even at my maximum internet speed a 20GB file(I know I just downloaded one) is about a 6 hour download. People have plenty slower internet than mine too. It's nice when steam lets you pre-load games so you can download it days before, then it takes about 10 minutes or less on launch day to decrypt the game and get you playing it.
#18HungtotheoverPosted 2/2/2013 10:40:25 PM
If it takes hours to download you may want to fix your Internet before spending $60 on a game.
---
#19FFXIgaiaknightPosted 2/3/2013 2:03:24 AM
Hungtotheover posted...
If it takes hours to download you may want to fix your Internet before spending $60 on a game.

---
Currently Playing: DMC: Devil May Cry (PS3)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#20diggyfreshPosted 2/3/2013 2:09:33 AM
YoyokuKO posted...
I mean, if updates download automatically, couldn't you pre-order(pay off) a digital game, do something productive until a set release day, and have it automatically download?

i get ur idea. u will be able to purchase digital copies from retailers, so maybe u can preorder one too.

as far as it automatically downloading i've not heard of that.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade