I really think missing out on games right now isn't as big of a deal as people..

#1bskiffingtonPosted 2/2/2013 9:27:22 PM
...seem to think it is.

The Wii U has been out for three months now, it's a new console and, from what I've read, has a fairly different way of developing games focused on the GPU instead of the CPU. This is the opposite of how the PS3 and 360 do it, but correct me if I'm wrong as I know very little about the actual interior of the console.

Anyways, that combined with a small install base means its alot of work for developers with very little return on it.

I think we should all settle down and realize that these games are going to last generations systems. REgardless of whether the Wii U is strong enough to match up with the next XBox or Playstation, it's a very different beast to contend with right now.

When we start missing out on games AFTER the other next generation consoles have launched, then it's time to worry. But for right now, it's really just not worth the developers time and money.
#2SSJ4CHRISPosted 2/2/2013 9:31:49 PM
When the company doesn't have 1st party games for the 2nd and 3rd months of the new consoles life, then missing games right now is that big of a deal.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#3bskiffington(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 9:39:41 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
When the company doesn't have 1st party games for the 2nd and 3rd months of the new consoles life, then missing games right now is that big of a deal.

While that is true, some people are talking about how the Wii U won't be getting Madden and other games that are set to launch later this year, which really wouldn't effect those months at all.
#4Baha05Posted 2/2/2013 9:56:18 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...

And yet every launch console like ever has had that same issue.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U