Getting a WiiU next month and have some questions

#1NIK12787Posted 2/2/2013 10:29:48 PM
I am getting a WiiU on the day Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate comes out(I am getting the game with the WiiU) and have some questions.

1) I know you can transfer saved data from the Wii to the WiiU and I was wondering, does the Wii need to be on to transfer the saved data to the WiiU?

2) I know the WiiU has a sensor bar, and can I still use the old Wii sensor bar on the WiiU?

3) Can downloaded games that are on your Wii be transferred or not yet? If not hope it happens in a later update.

4) I know the eShop is on WiiU and 3DS and I was wondering, and I use the same account between the 2 systems along with whatever cash I have on the eShop?
---
XBL Gamertag: FMA Winry
PSN Tag: Chobits_Chi
#2ADHDguitarPosted 2/2/2013 10:30:41 PM
Yes, Yes, Yes, and not yet.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#3TCaC04Posted 2/2/2013 10:31:24 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
Yes, Yes, Yes, and not yet.

Dang, beat me to it.
---
PSN: AZ_Killstreak_4
NNID: AZ_Commando_4
#4P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/2/2013 10:35:36 PM
1) I know you can transfer saved data from the Wii to the WiiU and I was wondering, does the Wii need to be on to transfer the saved data to the WiiU?

Yes. The Wii needs to be on and connected to the internet as well as the Wii U. You will also need an SD card.

2) I know the WiiU has a sensor bar, and can I still use the old Wii sensor bar on the WiiU?

Yes. It is the same product, the only real difference is that the bundled bar is darker.

3) Can downloaded games that are on your Wii be transferred or not yet? If not hope it happens in a later update.

When you perform the System Transfer most of your games and their licenses will also be transferred. If the actual game cannot be transferred but the license is, you can redownload it for free.

4) I know the eShop is on WiiU and 3DS and I was wondering, and I use the same account between the 2 systems along with whatever cash I have on the eShop?

Cash and purchases are not shared upon the two shops at this time. In the future, the eShops will be unified, but they are not at this time.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece