Is this system good?

#1MasterMoronPosted 2/2/2013 11:31:24 PM
So, I was actually somewhat interested in this system after seeing a display of New Super Mario Bros. U at Best Buy. Sure, it looked like it was pretty much just a graphical update of the Wii version, but still, those graphics looked nice. I went onto the Grand Theft Auto V board and saw that a lot of people were saying that the Wii U isn't really a next gen system and its specs are only on par with the XBox360 and Playstation 3. Is it true that the Wii U isn't really a next gen system? Does that mean that Nintendo is going to come out with another system after the Xbox720 and Plastation 4 come out?

Also, I heard that the Wii U's sales aren't doing very well. Is it going to end up being like the Virtual Boy and Nintendo will stop making games for it pretty soon?

By the way, is the Wii U backwards compatible with the Wii? Can you play Wii games on the Wii U? Can you use a Wii controller on the Wii U? Also, if you download a game from the Nintendo store onto the Wii, can you transfer it to the Wii U?
#2CaptainMoosePosted 2/2/2013 11:32:36 PM
No they're def. not gonna stop making WiiU's anytime soon.
I love my system it's awesome, and it's got some great software on the way.
#3Baha05Posted 2/2/2013 11:34:56 PM
MasterMoron posted...
So, I was actually somewhat interested in this system after seeing a display of New Super Mario Bros. U at Best Buy. Sure, it looked like it was pretty much just a graphical update of the Wii version, but still, those graphics looked nice. I went onto the Grand Theft Auto V board and saw that a lot of people were saying that the Wii U isn't really a next gen system and its specs are only on par with the XBox360 and Playstation 3. Is it true that the Wii U isn't really a next gen system? Does that mean that Nintendo is going to come out with another system after the Xbox720 and Plastation 4 come out?

Also, I heard that the Wii U's sales aren't doing very well. Is it going to end up being like the Virtual Boy and Nintendo will stop making games for it pretty soon?

By the way, is the Wii U backwards compatible with the Wii? Can you play Wii games on the Wii U? Can you use a Wii controller on the Wii U? Also, if you download a game from the Nintendo store onto the Wii, can you transfer it to the Wii U?

Wii U is a next gen console (Technically currently in the 8th generation as the Wii/PS3/360 are 7th gen) so far graphic wise it might be on par but launch games are never the final product of what a system can do.

Also sales are ok, it's too early to call it a VB, especially since it has sold far more then the VB and the VB had other issues.

And yes you can play Wii games on the Wii U and you can system transfer all of your Wii content to the Wii U.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#4lowuwPosted 2/2/2013 11:40:54 PM
The Wii U is awesome. NSMBU is one of the best 2d Mario games ever. I love posting picks from my gameplay on miiverse. Nintendo Land is also a lot of fun.
#5TheFallenPriestPosted 2/2/2013 11:47:38 PM
Baha05 posted...
MasterMoron posted...

Also sales are ok, it's too early to call it a VB, especially since it has sold far more then the VB and the VB had other issues.

And yes you can play Wii games on the Wii U and you can system transfer all of your Wii content to the Wii U.

Since this sold more than the Xbo 360 and ps3 in their first 3 months, can we call those VB's?
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/64999261/728682650 Xeeh_Blitz says Wii U Controller Rattling is worse than XBox RROD, Troll status confirmed.
#6YamiYugi4400Posted 2/2/2013 11:48:13 PM
Not really
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#7Baha05Posted 2/2/2013 11:49:12 PM
TheFallenPriest posted...
Since this sold more than the Xbo 360 and ps3 in their first 3 months, can we call those VB's?

Naw you'd have to sell less then a million units to get that honor
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#8kdognumba1Posted 2/3/2013 12:13:20 AM
Is this system good?

Yes, it's a big step in many areas for Nintendo. The eShop is set up internally the way Steam is so devs have more leeway and can make bigger returns with much smaller investments.

Is it true that the Wii U isn't really a next gen system?

I am under the idea that generations aren't defined on "graphics" but on the years they release, just like generations of people aren't defined on how "cool" they are but the year they were born. If you're asking about the systems graphical capabilities in specific, not a lot has been shown pushing the hardware though Monolith's new game X looks pretty beastly. Like all systems though, only time will tell on what a system can really do. Original Wii games look nowhere near as good as games like Super Mario Galaxies or Conduit and original 360 and PS3 games look nowhere near as good as Battlefield and Skyrim.

X - http://youtu.be/8h21vOilq4k

Does that mean that Nintendo is going to come out with another system after the Xbox720 and Plastation 4 come out?

Don't expect to see this happening for another 6 years. Wii U is Nintendo's next home console, don't expect to see a new one anytime soon.

Is it going to end up being like the Virtual Boy and Nintendo will stop making games for it pretty soon?

No, not at all. Virtual Boy 770,000 units. Wii U just broke 3 million in 3 months. So far, the Wii U isn't doing anywhere near as bad as what people are making it out to and it has some very strong titles on the way.

Yes it is. You can play all Wii games from your region on the Wii U right out of the box in an emulated Wii mode and use all Wii controllers and peripherals on the system. All content you got digitally on the Wii can be transferred from the Wii to the Wii U in a system transfer utility in the Wii mode that will walk you through step by step how to do it. As for Wii controllers and such on the Wii U, as long as the developers put the option in there, you can use your Wiimote + nunchuck and classic controller pro on the games. Not all developers will though, so I recommend also looking to invest in a Wii U pro controller for local multiplayer as well.
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#9SocranPosted 2/3/2013 12:13:38 AM
MasterMoron posted...

Contrary to what people who have no idea what they're talking about are saying, the Wii U's sales are on par with the Wii, PS3, and 360 when they all first launched, even surpassing some of them. And it's already left the Virtual Boy's lifetime sales in the dust, after only three months.

In the absolute worst case scenario, the Wii U will be a repeat of the Gamecube - and in case you didn't own one, many people can tell you that the Gamecube had some of their favorite games of all time and was well worth the purchase, despite the fact that it wasn't the most financially successful console.

Anyway, yes, the Wii U is backwards compatible, and you can actually transfer all of your saves and downloaded games from the Wii to Wii U, so don't get rid of your Wii until you do.

And while Nintendo will release a console after PS4 and Nextbox, so will Microsoft and Sony - five to ten years from now. The Wii U will stick around for a while yet.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#10geneticsftwPosted 2/3/2013 12:15:40 AM
Baha05 posted...
TheFallenPriest posted...

Naw you'd have to sell less then a million units to get that honor

Okay, done that.
---
Sweet