Miyamoto admits it takes time to see the charm of the Wii U

#11DeathSoul2000Posted 2/3/2013 6:41:04 AM
syphoned_edge posted...
rockymin posted...
darkjedilink posted...
excitebike64 posted...
Pretty much saying Nintendo is hiring people and not firing people like say... Sony.

Sony's firing people, too? I knew they were selling their real estate, but I didn't know they were canning people.

I guess the only logical conclusion to Nintendo hiring people and buying more real estate for hardware R and D and software development, while Sony sells headquarters buildings and fires people, is that Nintendo's in trouble and Sony's doing okay. At least, that's what people on this board seem to think.

It's funny how Nintendo fanboys think Sony only makes video game hardware and software like Nintendo does.

Last time I checked Samsung were dominating the LCD / HD TV market too.

Sony are out of touch - they are haemorrhaging money, they need to restructure.

nah, they need to die.
#12InfamouslyNycePosted 2/3/2013 8:17:13 AM
rockymin posted...
darkjedilink posted...
excitebike64 posted...
Pretty much saying Nintendo is hiring people and not firing people like say... Sony.

Sony's firing people, too? I knew they were selling their real estate, but I didn't know they were canning people.

I guess the only logical conclusion to Nintendo hiring people and buying more real estate for hardware R and D and software development, while Sony sells headquarters buildings and fires people, is that Nintendo's in trouble and Sony's doing okay. At least, that's what people on this board seem to think.

It's funny how Nintendo fanboys think Sony only makes video game hardware and software like Nintendo does.

You're wrong. Nintendo makes more than gaming hardware and software. Their business didn't start off by making video games.
---
Nintendo Network ID: Inf4mous
#13GimeaPosted 2/3/2013 8:23:56 AM
InfamouslyNyce posted...
rockymin posted...
darkjedilink posted...
excitebike64 posted...

You're wrong. Nintendo makes more than gaming hardware and software. Their business didn't start off by making video games.

Wii U dead = Nintendo dead

Playstation dead = Sony laughs
---
The new Minecraft
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFKlNskaRPU
#14squatch22Posted 2/3/2013 8:28:34 AM
darkjedilink posted...
excitebike64 posted...

This.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/04/09/sony-planning-to-lay-off-10000-workers

And then, they laid off more too

http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2012/10/19/sony-to-cut-2000-jobs/
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#15nonty96ziePosted 2/3/2013 8:58:02 AM
Gimea posted...
InfamouslyNyce posted...
rockymin posted...
darkjedilink posted...
excitebike64 posted...

Wrong.
---
Black FC - 5372 0619 6373
LoL EUW IGN - Poranthe
#16SoaringDivePosted 2/3/2013 9:07:02 AM
Gimea posted...
InfamouslyNyce posted...
rockymin posted...
darkjedilink posted...
excitebike64 posted...

What does Sony have outside of Playstation? They're losing massive amounts of money in almost all other sections. Playstation is pretty much the one thing keeping them alive, and that's barely, considering the amount of money they lose on that too.

For example:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2056597/Sony-TV-division-loses-2-2bn-customers-lose-flatscreens.html#axzz2JqvsN9xK
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#17IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/3/2013 9:35:03 AM
So funny how the fanboys are the first to bring up Sony.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#18DynheartPosted 2/3/2013 9:43:11 AM(edited)
The problem is that the system is a powerful version of their handhelds (DS/3DS). What did they name it? The Wii U.

Hardcore gamer's/Nintendo fans know the difference. You know how many people I had to tell that the Gamepad is NOT an add on to the Wii?

It's not the charm. We get what the system is. Nintendo named it, in my opinion, confusingly. Not to mention, the marketing campaign was confusing too (what little of it there was).

The Wii U is a powerful version of the dual screen idea they have been running with, albeit a bit more flashy (and tons more bells and whistles). Sell that charm, not the Wii's charm. That boat came and went.

My 2-cents.
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#19Baha05Posted 2/3/2013 9:44:19 AM
Dynheart posted...
Hardcore gamer's/Nintendo fans know the difference. You know how many people I had to tell that the Gamepad is NOT an add on to the Wii?

It's not the charm. We get what the system is. Nintendo named it, in my opinion, confusingly. Not to mention, the marketing campaign was confusing too (what little of it there was).

The Wii U is a powerful version of the dual screen idea they have been running with, albeit a bit more flashy (and tons more bells and whistles). Sell that charm, not the Wii's charm. That boat came and went.

My 2-cents.

I honestly think if you are confused by the name or commercials you need to have your life evaluated.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#20IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/3/2013 9:44:26 AM
They did name it very poorly. Whomever came up with that idea needs to be demoted.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10