Poll: Should Zelda move on to full voice acting?

#41CoolFangsPosted 2/3/2013 3:55:03 AM
If they can do it Half-Life style where everybody but the protagonist talks, I'd be fully on board with the idea.
---
Currently playing: LoZ: Twilight Princess, Pokemon Sapphire, Far Cry 3
Coming up: Assassins Creed 2, Pokemon Platinum
#4240DribylfPosted 2/3/2013 4:05:02 AM(edited)
sentoworf posted...
x__Grim__x posted...
40Dribylf posted...
And Nintendo has been on point with voice acting lately, with Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem: Awakening being great,

And Super Mario Sunshine? Mmmmm, so talented.

I just started playing that game. The voices sound...weird.

Literally 11 years ago

That was outrageous pointless.

Like one of the previous posters said, Nintendo has been doing a great job with voice acting lately. Zelda can easily benefit.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#43CressetPosted 2/3/2013 4:14:22 AM(edited)
No.

Just read the little letters, it's not hard.

edit: By the way, next person that mentions "Cinematic games" in a positive light will get a boot to the nose. I don't care if you live in another continent, I will hunt you down
---
What's the matter, the Zubats and Geodudes too much for you? Can't get through a cave with just five monsters? How sad. - mikeburnfire
#4440DribylfPosted 2/3/2013 4:13:51 AM
TheClonemaster posted...
There was an interview with the new director of Zelda right after Skyward Sword came out where he discussed this. He said they never want to give Link a voice in order to better maintain the feel that the player is Link. He discussed that they might give voice to the rest of the cast, but that if they did it could make the fact that Link doesn't have a voice stand out more than it does now with text only.

I say keep it silent, there's no need to add it, stop being lazy and read.

And he'd be wrong, as it's been attempted numerous times with successful results.

And you're on a message board, where we communicate through text, telling people to stop being lazy and read? Really?

Zelda has becoming more cinematic with more emphasis on storytelling and dialogue, and the lack of voice acting is beginning to stand out more and more and more. Skyward Sword greatly suffering from it imo. Twilight Princess to a lesser extent.

Unless Zelda dials back completely on the story (which I would not mind) it needs voice acting.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#45BenzychenzPosted 2/3/2013 4:16:22 AM
darkjedilink posted...
No.

However, if they did, it MIGHT be fine if they did it WITHOUT giving Link a voice.

What?
Adding voice acting doesn't mean giving Link a voice at all.
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/2me5xv.jpg
#46CressetPosted 2/3/2013 4:16:49 AM
AgitoXIII posted...
i really dont think theres a logical reason NOT to move on to voice acting for Zelda. I'm glad somebody brought this up.

I'm a Zelda fan. But the last big time Zelda game Skyward Sword felt sooooo ridiculous sitting there playing it with NPCs moving around to portray their emotion during the game. Making just small blips and screams. Like why put small voice blips when you could voice them?

At the very least, voice all the important charcters and NPCs and maybe keep just LInk silent. But fi I were leading the Zelda team I'd even voice him.

It's time for Nintendo to grow up, move on, and pull their feet out of the mud.

8/10, actually felt a bit mad
---
What's the matter, the Zubats and Geodudes too much for you? Can't get through a cave with just five monsters? How sad. - mikeburnfire
#47Dark_Link92Posted 2/3/2013 4:33:25 AM
For everyone except Link, definitely. I think voice acting is one of the reasons the series is beginning to seem "outdated" in a way.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#48Kaze_MemaryuPosted 2/3/2013 4:47:58 AM
Nah, Zelda games are not fit for voice acting. The games define themselves with very few character development to leave as much to the players imagination as possible. That especially goes for Link and characters directly tied to the main plot. If they had actual voices, it would take away the freedom of imagining specific character traits which are never taken up on.
Also, the plots themselves are a bit too simple to justify voice acting - it wouldn't go well with the atmosphere of focusing on exploration and creating your own adventure rather than doing it by the book.
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#49cb52211Posted 2/3/2013 4:55:38 AM
As long as Link remains silent I probably wouldn't have a problem.
#50Mirror_AuraPosted 2/3/2013 4:59:27 AM
I think they should eliminate the story entirely. It's unnecessary at this point. We all know what's up when we play a Zelda game, so just get me in the damn dungeon already.

The next Zelda should have a choice for the tutorial... I don't want another WW/TP/SS disaster, waiting an hour to get into the actual game. :/

Stories are so irrelevant to gaming, and yet people keep insisting that games are like books, or something.
---
The most powerful army, in, HISTORY.
YAAAAAAYYYYY.