Poll: Should Zelda move on to full voice acting?

#91Enigma149Posted 2/3/2013 7:49:04 AM
I'd be okay with it, but only if they created an entire Hylian language for the characters to speak, and had them voice act that with English / Japanese / etc. subtitles.

Since they won't, I guess that means I vote "no".
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; PSN: CrimsonEnigma (not currently in use)
'If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature' -squatch
#92slickvic1990Posted 2/3/2013 7:49:38 AM
yes, but keep Link silent
---
I enjoyed RE6, and both FF13 games. I think Skyward Sword is the second best Zelda after Majora's Mask. I have no desire to play Skyrim. I actually like COD.
#93TeraTrickerPosted 2/3/2013 7:55:02 AM
Are we all happy with Zelda the way it is? Or could it improve? Do we want Zelda to evolve?

In order to evolve, things need to be changed. VA is only one step to evolve Zelda into something more. We want better games don't we? Nintendo surely won't mess up VA in a AAA-game, if it comes to that, so that shouldn't be a fear factor.

A next-gen game should have a next-gen feel to it. It should not be something new, but something more.
---
... My text is ^
#94ElGadoPosted 2/3/2013 7:59:48 AM
occupation_bob posted...
Except Link.

I'm okay with this.
#95ZetamancerPosted 2/3/2013 8:01:15 AM
I'd have to say no. Nintendo makes me a great Zelda game (89% of the time) but I just don't think they'd do the voice acting properly. I totally expect them to just grab Bill from HR and have him voice for Ganondorf.
---
Pokemon Diamond FC: 0517 6756 4359
#96PaladinAlikPosted 2/3/2013 8:06:08 AM
Zetamancer posted...
I'd have to say no. Nintendo makes me a great Zelda game (89% of the time) but I just don't think they'd do the voice acting properly. I totally expect them to just grab Bill from HR and have him voice for Ganondorf.

"Come to my castle Link! Come if you value your job! (que OoT Ganondorf laugh)
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#97Ness0123456789Posted 2/3/2013 8:09:26 AM(edited)
Yes.

At this point there's just no reason not to. Zelda has become very heavily story driven over the past few games, and the next logical step would be to have voice acting. And just because the rest of the cast speaks doesn't mean that Link has to.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#98LoregiverPosted 2/3/2013 8:20:32 AM
I voted no, because I feel that it just wouldn't be a Zelda game otherwise. I feel the limited voicing is part of that Zelda charm.

It just wouldn't be a Zelda game to me. They'd prolly ruin the Gorons for me :P.

Some things are better left to the imagination.
#99PokejedservoPosted 2/3/2013 8:28:03 AM
I am definitely one of the people who say 'Yes" to this, though I also admit that I don't think its necessary for Link to be silent. As for example certain stories such as the Legend of Zelda Link to the Past Manga from the late Shotaro "Cyborg 009" Ishinomori (that was in Nintendo Power back then) are fine proof that the idea of Link being able to speak will not automatically "ruin" a Legend of Zelda story. But if we are to go with the compromise of allowing everyone but Link to talk I can be OK with that but if thats the case I do believe Nintendo should play Link up as a Avatar if he is suppose to be one.
---
Behind The Voice- http://behindthevoiceactors.com/
My VA Resume Site: http://pokejedservovoiceactingresume.wetpaint.com/
#100RedWarlordPosted 2/3/2013 8:31:42 AM
Yes

AND MAKE LINK TALK

Seriously, why is everyone agaisnt Link speaking?! I love Zelda, but i hate that Link is not an active participant in the story. All's he really does is run errends. He has no character depth. Link, break the chains and rise up and speak! Or if you can't speak, learn sign-language. We're tolerent....