Naming System WII U was a HUGE error.

#1iloveheavyrainPosted 2/3/2013 12:42:44 AM
Many people perceive this is simply a Wii with an add on. The name change is not bold enough to differentiate something different. Like Xbox to Xbox 360. HUGE jump.

Wii to Wii U? I mean, I sorta get it, U is for Universe (though I had to read about that)

I would have dropped the "Wii" and called it:

Nintendo High Def
or
Nintendo HD
or
Nintendo 4K

What would you have called it?
---
ZombiU is Game of the Year 2012
#2BuretsuPosted 2/3/2013 12:45:06 AM
Haven't seen a topic like THIS in a couple months!
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#3Baha05Posted 2/3/2013 12:45:34 AM
Oh yes because it's not like we don't have consoles named the Playstation 2 or Playstation 3.... ohhhhh......
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#4iloveheavyrain(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 12:47:39 AM
Thanks Baha for proving my point!

The use of the number 2 or 3 is a huge bold title change. It's like the next sequel to a movie.

Nintendo Wii 2 would have been much better than the limp Wii U
---
#5BuretsuPosted 2/3/2013 12:49:49 AM
iloveheavyrain posted...
Thanks Baha for proving my point!

The use of the number 2 or 3 is a huge bold title change. It's like the next sequel to a movie.

Nintendo Wii 2 would have been much better than the limp Wii U

So Live Free or Die Hard was just, like, SUPER confusing to people? Calling the second movie "Aliens" instead of "Alien 2" was a HUGE error?

Also, "limp Wii". Haha, multiple entendre.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#6iloveheavyrain(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 12:51:43 AM
Live Free or DIe Hard did perform the worst of all the Die Hards, so, thanks again for proving my point!
---
#7BuretsuPosted 2/3/2013 12:52:38 AM
iloveheavyrain posted...
Live Free or DIe Hard did perform the worst of all the Die Hards, so, thanks again for proving my point!

Because I'm sure the title had everything to do with it, of course.

Take a class in Marketing, because you're just embarrassing yourself here.
---
#8Baha05Posted 2/3/2013 12:54:36 AM
iloveheavyrain posted...

Actually Live Free or Die Hard made $383,531,464. It did better then the past three movies.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#9IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/3/2013 12:57:42 AM
Yep, it was a poor naming idea but all of us normal users knew that only the fan drones defended it.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#10MD1500Posted 2/3/2013 1:00:37 AM
Yet it's sold more than any other console at this point in time, (excluding the original Wii). Explain that.