Anyone remember Nintendo Cube Clubs, they should bring it back

#1Ryu XPosted 2/3/2013 2:12:16 AM
Remember when when Nintendo went on tour on a bunch of major cities across the US and rented out night clubs for a few days in each city and set the place up with a bunch of GC and GBA demo units. Sort of like recreated their E3 booth. The loud ass music, the lights, they even had a bouncer at the door and models plus people dressed up as Mario and Luigi. You could only get in if you had a ticket print one out online or got one from a gamestore. It was just like E3 in that you could play a bunch of their unreleased games.

They went with the night club scene because they wanted to seem more grown up when everyone was saying GC was for kids.

Nintendo should do something like this again. I remember going it was pretty fun. They need some kind of buzz to get the Wii U out in the public.
#2huyiPosted 2/3/2013 1:26:18 PM
sounds like fun, they should do something like this in the UK.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#3GLDanzegoPosted 2/3/2013 1:47:51 PM
I went to one the very first year they did it, where they showed off the Gamecube right before launch. I don't recall them renting out nightclubs (it was a building in an industrial area just outside of downtown Chicago), models or anything of that nature. It was cool, though, and I would go to something like that again.
#4Prince ShondronaiPosted 2/3/2013 2:08:38 PM
GLDanzego posted...
I went to one the very first year they did it, where they showed off the Gamecube right before launch. I don't recall them renting out nightclubs (it was a building in an industrial area just outside of downtown Chicago), models or anything of that nature. It was cool, though, and I would go to something like that again.

I went to that one. That was pretty fun.

Nothing will ever beat the old Nintendo Powerfests, though. A huge warehouse packed full of TVs and NES's with upcoming and released games alike. Vendors selling official Nintendo memorbilia. Tetris tournaments. *Sigh* Man that was fun!
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.