PS4 and 720 won't kill Wii U

#1quickposterPosted 2/3/2013 2:29:20 AM
PS4 and 720 will kill PS4 and 720. The person buying Nintendo systems is likely not doing it for "OMG POWAZ". They are likely doing it either because the controller interests them or the games interest them.

People who rush out to buy Xbox for Halo or Gears or a PS4 for Uncharted or Killzone are not going to rush out for Wii U. Or if they are they are doing so for a different reason. It is likely their priority with Wii U is Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Pokemon, Metroid, Donkey Kong etc. Games that aren't a primary focus on the others.

Microsoft and Sony make similar games. They share the exact same multiplats. The games they make target the exact same demographic. The approach they take with the system targets the same mind frame. They may try to broaden their horizons but they can't do it like Nintendo.

For the people who compare Wii U specs of specs to the others. This is not what consumers will do. Consumers will compare specs of those two systems to each other. Consumers will find it increasingly difficult to justify the purchase of two systems which are so incredibly similar. Share the same multiplats. Have the same types of games. Yet they will find it easy to have a Wii U join their PS4/720.

When you are cannibalizing each other's market share only the richest of the two will be left standing.
---
Bethesda not convinced people will buy the next xbox and PS4: your install base always starts at zero
#2StarBladeEdgePosted 2/3/2013 2:30:11 AM
i get a ps4 so i am fine

wii u is my second console for the 3 good games every year
---
Sony The Best Game Company Let's destroy the ps3 board trolls! Yeah...YEAH!!!!!!
Ps4 True Next Gen for the next 8-10 years !
#3STN79Posted 2/3/2013 2:39:14 AM
I have never in my life bought a gaming console because it was more powerful. I bought them because they had games i wanted to play. The N64 was technically a disaster compared to PS1 and it still survived. Third parties wanted nothing to due with it and the game library was tiny in comparison. Nintendo kept on fighting though and made it through.
They'll be fine.
#4jairusmonillasPosted 2/3/2013 3:25:56 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5csalvi42Posted 2/3/2013 3:35:48 AM
uh wiiU will have an amazing lineup of games by the time the ps4 releases. We're talking pikmin3, new mario 3d, mario kart, rayman legends, yoshi yarn all announced for the the end of year.

Ill be surprised if ps4 releases with anything but a mediocre upgrade of madden and maybe a killzone title.
---
White Version FC: 0991 1102 7167
Heart Gold FC: 4898 8264 5300
#6DeathSoul2000Posted 2/3/2013 3:37:41 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7darkstar4221Posted 2/3/2013 4:05:43 AM(edited)
Specs for the PS4 has been released.

-PS4 has no BC
-PS4 cannot play used games
-Need ID activation (online pass) in order to play your game, which is on the disc when you buy the game.
-ID is tied to your PSN account.
-Games retail at $69.99 but you get free DLC content.
-If Sony catches you with a modded console your PSN account is banned and you will need to pay a fee of $40 to reactive your account.
-PS4 has mandatory automatic updates just like the PS3 and Vita.
-PS4 has proprietary memory card and hard drive made by Sony, and the PS4 will only recognize the proprietary hard drive and memory card made by Sony.
-Launch price is $400.

My post was a joke, but the scary thing is some of these featureless are on the PS3 and the Vita.
#8JackalPosted 2/3/2013 4:36:34 AM(edited)
I'm getting a PS4 for sure. I have to wait and see how the MS hardware fares first.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#9anon_firePosted 2/3/2013 6:48:48 AM(edited)
jairusmonillas posted...
Wii U doesn't have games, it's already dead before PS4 even arrives.

Monolith Soft's X Game
Wonderful 101
Pikmin 3
Rayman Legends
Bayonetta 2
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Dragon Quest X Online
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
New 3D Mario
New Mario Kart
New Legend of Zelda
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
Lego City Undercover
Game and Wario
Oliver and Spike: Dimension Jumpers

Okay, what were you saying about the Wii U having no games?
#10STE573Posted 2/3/2013 6:53:37 AM
You make a good point TC, and honestly, I think it's spot on except for one thing, pricing.

If the 720 is $299 and is a casually geared console it is going to eat in to Wii U sales, that is undeniable, to what degree however I don't know, particularly in the West. With more power, a comparative price point and a slew of great IP on both platforms it will be anyones guess. Personally I think the PS4 is going the core route, which will suit them more so this gen I think so it will be a question if Ps4/WiiU or Ps4/720 for a portion of people.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- XSTE90X- currently playing Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)