PS4 and 720 won't kill Wii U

#11VoelgerPosted 2/3/2013 7:08:13 AM
For adults like me that can't get much playing time because of life responsibilities, and kids who share a family tv, I think the wii u gamepad can't be underestimated. It will revolution how much play time I get. Now I play games in bed with headphones before sleep. Before wii u I could never find time to game, now I tend to beat ME3, AC3, and Darksiders all user primarily remote play. I doubt the Xbox or ps4 will be able to do this to nintendo's degree.

I will probably get an Xbox, but I will love my wii u. Things will pick up and get better. People always seem to forget that Nintendo is a lot like Disney, parents prefer buying a Nintendo for their kids over any other system. When I say kids I mean 12 and under. Now although I'm 32 and thus much older than 12, it will give Nintendo the sales they need to stay making great games and it might even eventually bring over more 3rd party.
---
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10
#12nickvd8Posted 2/3/2013 7:29:16 AM
jairusmonillas posted...
Wii U doesn't have games, it's already dead before PS4 even arrives.

I can't wait till the other two systems come out and have no games that'll shut you guys up real quick.
---
Sign this
www.tinyurl.com/timesplittersHD
#13slickvic1990Posted 2/3/2013 7:33:28 AM
I'll probably be getting a ps4 over a 720 myself. It depends. PS has more exclusives, and better exclusives at that. Also. the online service is leagues ahead of Live. it may not have all the bells and whistles, but I can play games online for free, and if I subscribe to Plus, there are tons of discounts, free games, and beta access to take advantage of. That's just me.

On topic, of course they won't kill Wii U. it didn't happen last gen, or the gen before that. Nintendo will always be able to live off of its first-party IPs, which imo, are some of the best, if not THE best in the industry. They usually also offer a price advantage, and they appeal to a younger demographic, which is always a good thing in terms of video games. I don't think they'll post Wii numbers, but I don't see ps4/720 doing that either. Wii U will be fine.
---
I enjoyed RE6, and both FF13 games. I think Skyward Sword is the second best Zelda after Majora's Mask. I have no desire to play Skyrim. I actually like COD.
#14SSJ4CHRISPosted 2/3/2013 7:59:27 AM
darkstar4221 posted...
Specs for the PS4 has been released.

-PS4 has no BC
-PS4 cannot play used games
-Need ID activation (online pass) in order to play your game, which is on the disc when you buy the game.
-ID is tied to your PSN account.
-Games retail at $69.99 but you get free DLC content.
-If Sony catches you with a modded console your PSN account is banned and you will need to pay a fee of $40 to reactive your account.
-PS4 has mandatory automatic updates just like the PS3 and Vita.
-PS4 has proprietary memory card and hard drive made by Sony, and the PS4 will only recognize the proprietary hard drive and memory card made by Sony.
-Launch price is $400.

My post was a joke, but the scary thing is some of these featureless are on the PS3 and the Vita.

If someone posted these lies about the Wii U, you'd be screaming bloody murder right now.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#15maximumbarmagePosted 2/3/2013 8:14:37 AM
You can't kill something that has no life in it to begin with.

PS4 and 720 will be stepping over Wii U's corpse just by showing up to the party at this rate.
---
"Maybe it would be quicker to list the Wii U multiplatform titles that AREN'T vastly inferior ports..." - SimeonSays
#16jakestar0306Posted 2/3/2013 10:04:02 AM
nickvd8 posted...
jairusmonillas posted...

I can't wait till the other two systems come out and have no games that'll shut you guys up real quick.

Bu-bu-but third party games!!!1!1!
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#17tigg06Posted 2/3/2013 10:12:45 AM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
darkstar4221 posted...

-PS4 has no BC
-Need ID activation (online pass) in order to play your game, which is on the disc when you buy the game.
-If Sony catches you with a modded console your PSN account is banned and you will need to pay a fee of $40 to reactive your account.
-PS4 has proprietary memory card and hard drive made by Sony, and the PS4 will only recognize the proprietary hard drive and memory card made by Sony.
-Launch price is $400.

My post was a joke, but the scary thing is some of these featureless are on the PS3 and the Vita.

If someone posted these lies about the Wii U, you'd be screaming bloody murder right now.

^
I agree to what SS says.. plus all "released" info of the ps4 is rumored "leaked" info.. no set info from sony on the ps4 will be released until Feb 20th. Either way.. everyone has their own personal opinions on the consoles.. I own a wii u and will also more than likely purchase a ps4 and the new xbox just because I like having all the consoles, and I'm a collector.. there are games I want to play that are only on each. I personally don't want to see any of the companies fail, I like having options and variety
#18kyomagiPosted 2/3/2013 10:20:32 AM
darkstar4221 posted...

-PS4 has no BC
-Launch price is $400.

validated source?

NO?

Scared nintendrone
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360
PSN Profile - http://psnprofiles.com/magistarkyo
#19kyomagiPosted 2/3/2013 10:24:18 AM
anon_fire posted...
jairusmonillas posted...

Monolith Soft's X Game Not releasing in the US
Wonderful 101lol good luck
Pikmin 3Last time a pikmin game sold well was the gc
Rayman Legendsim gonna LOL when ubi makes this multiplat
Bayonetta 2not a system seller, probably will break 200k total
Aliens: Colonial Marinesmultiplat
Dragon Quest X OnlineUS release? lol
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire EmblemGOOD GAME
New 3D Mariorehash
New Mario Kartrehash
New Legend of ZeldaGood or another skyward sword?
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HDTake my money
Lego City Undercoverlol kids game
Game and Wariolol kids game
Oliver and Spike: Dimension Jumpers ...lol kids game

Okay, what were you saying about the Wii U having no games?

i count 2 maybe 3 coming out
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360
PSN Profile - http://psnprofiles.com/magistarkyo
#20Lelouch71Posted 2/3/2013 12:07:47 PM
I already plan on being a PS4 and Wii U owner. The only way I won't get a PS4 is if Sony screws up worst than they ever did for the PS3 and Vita.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"