So I think ive figured out why so many Nintendo fans hate Sony.

#61mini_blightPosted 2/3/2013 3:23:22 PM
DarkMasterShake posted...
Besides the Sony fanboys that come here and make the rest of their fans look bad.

I have a feeling its because Sony is Nintendo's biggest competitor in Japan, and Japan is wide open right now. If Sony has its rumored specs and Japanese developers began to focus on it, let's be honest its gonna be in trouble.

I only say Sony because Xbox does not sale in Japan, which is f***** up, but true. I think its safe to say Nintendo and Sony fans are more into games from the east.

Opinions? I don't hate you guys btw, I come in peace.

No, Nintendo fans have valid, longtime grudges to fuel their hate.

Sony fans are the ones that are desperate right now. Sony doesn't have the money to bribe away all the best exclusives like they once did for the PS-PS2.

Face it, Sony only dominated because they had big bags of money to buy everything that mattered and because they knew how to exploit that Nintenhate.

Now MS has stolen Sony's playbook and you are seeing the same thing. However, since MS isn't Japanese, their tricks won't work as well.

If MS was Japanese, the Xbox360 would have been the PS2 of its generation in everything but userbase.
#62Emerald_MeliosPosted 2/3/2013 8:00:25 PM
squatch22 posted...
''Sony: Nintendo Handhelds Aren't for Self-Respecting Adults''
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109115-Sony-Nintendo-Handhelds-Arent-for-Self-Respecting-Adults

''Nintendo Handhelds are Great 'Babysitting Tools,' Says Sony''
http://www.1up.com/news/nintendo-handhelds-great-babysitting-tools-sony

''Jack Tretton: Nintendo Makes "Babysitting Toys" ''
http://nexus404.com/2011/04/10/jack-tretton-nintendo-makes-babysitting-toys-sonys-playstation-boss-for-north-america-disses-nintendo-says-that-the-gameboy-experience-is-good-for-babysitting/

Jack Tretton comes off as a pompous manchild.
#63youngskillzPosted 2/4/2013 8:37:58 AM
tretton is a baddass, nothing scares this guy.

ds IS for children an casuals....i won't even mention how much of shovelware pos rebadged gamecube the wii was.

U is a little better, but still will not measure up to the competition, also i really don't see the U getting much of ps4/xbox3's mutiplatform games.
---
Melodic Death Bands OTM -- Dream of Unreality, Saint of Disgrace, I Spit Ashes, Cipher System, Catch The Sun, Mors Principium Est, Dorgmooth, Disese Illusion.
#64MotiJrPosted 2/4/2013 8:48:43 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#65Virus66Posted 2/4/2013 8:53:38 AM
You see, I'm one of those gamers that plays multiple systems (shocker I know!) and despite my PS3 being played far more than nearly any other console since my N64, I still like my Nintendo consoles. The thing that pisses me off is the elitist douches on the Sony camp who just simply cannot fathom that Nintendo does things differently and want them to fail without any legit reason. Granted the games may not be part of their tastes, but people find them enjoyable. So what if Nintendo doesn't have M-rated 1st party titles. Does that make them any less enjoyable to the millions of people who play it?

The way I have seen this whole situation pan out is that the Sony fans want their system to be the only one out there and will come down on anyone who doesn't see eye to eye, and Nintendo fans just want to be left alone with their own games.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#66MotiJrPosted 2/4/2013 8:58:50 AM
You see, I'm one of those gamers that plays multiple systems (shocker I know!) and despite my PS3 being played far more than nearly any other console since my N64, I still like my Nintendo consoles. The thing that pisses me off is the elitist douches on the Sony camp who just simply cannot fathom that Nintendo does things differently and want them to fail without any legit reason. Granted the games may not be part of their tastes, but people find them enjoyable. So what if Nintendo doesn't have M-rated 1st party titles. Does that make them any less enjoyable to the millions of people who play it?

The way I have seen this whole situation pan out is that the Sony fans want their system to be the only one out there and will come down on anyone who doesn't see eye to eye, and Nintendo fans just want to be left alone with their own games.

This is exactly the case. Thank you for that
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#67Koi_TenchiPosted 2/4/2013 9:08:26 AM
youngskillz posted...
tretton is a baddass, nothing scares this guy.

ds IS for children an casuals....i won't even mention how much of shovelware pos rebadged gamecube the wii was.

U is a little better, but still will not measure up to the competition, also i really don't see the U getting much of ps4/xbox3's mutiplatform games.

How is he a badass? For saying stupid things, and then running away with his tail between his legs when he's shown how stupid they are?

He never paid the Penny Arcade guys their money.

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/02/12

If he's your hero though, like you seem to claim, you should cover his ass an pay them for him.
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#68bleedingelitePosted 2/4/2013 9:08:38 AM
Sony has been falling flat for me since the PS2. I thought the PSP was best as an emulator with custom firmware, and the ps3 seems to be really proud of its library of "cinematic experience" games. It got to the point where I'd have a system update waiting for me every time I turned the thing on. And the Vita is...well I hope the Vita gets some more good games.
#69Oni_TaedoPosted 2/4/2013 9:12:31 AM
jairusmonillas posted...
PS1 and PS2 totally destroyed Nintendo.

PS3 destroyed Wii in terms of quality, hell the only reason Wii outsold PS3 because it was 2x cheaper than the PS3.

Better exclusives. Better games. That's why the Wii outsold the PS3.
The PS3 just has a larger quantity of good games. The Wii has very few good games, but the ones it does have, far outshine most similar games on the PS3.

Also, the PS1 was the worst of it's gen. Not a single game was remotely playable on that hunk of crap. Long load times, and awful controller, loud as hell when it was on.
Real gamers back then, owned Saturns. So they could rock it hardcore to some Panzer Dragoon, Shinobi X, and the sheer excellence *cue air guitar solo here* that is Guardian Heroes. Not to mention, superior versions of Megaman 8, and Megaman X4.

PS2 was good. But the Cube always got better versions of multiplatform games, and armed with that badass controller, the Cube was the way to go. Thing wasn't great for fighting games, but that's why I rigged up my PS2 fightstick to work with my Wii.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#70icarus231Posted 2/4/2013 9:33:03 AM
DarkMasterShake posted...
Besides the Sony fanboys that come here and make the rest of their fans look bad.

I have a feeling its because Sony is Nintendo's biggest competitor in Japan, and Japan is wide open right now. If Sony has its rumored specs and Japanese developers began to focus on it, let's be honest its gonna be in trouble.

I only say Sony because Xbox does not sale in Japan, which is f***** up, but true. I think its safe to say Nintendo and Sony fans are more into games from the east.

Opinions? I don't hate you guys btw, I come in peace.

You were doing good till the 2nd sentence. Nobody cares about Sonys rumored specs. Nobody except arrogant small brained people feel the Wii U cannot hold its own. Nintendo continues to expand their company while sony shrinks theirs, why would anyone feel Sony was a threat. Sony is like the company bringing the shiny new top of the line hand gun to a fight and everyone cheers. Meanwhile nintendo just drops a bomb on them because everyone was paying attention to the shiny gun. So since you come in peace now leave in pieces.