Miyamoto-sama needs to retire

#21AhnoldDoodPosted 2/3/2013 9:51:38 PM
OH NOEZ Miyamoto didn't like Kremlings! Their removal totally ruined DKCR! Wait, it didn't.

OH NOES Miyamoto thought no one cared for a game series that no one really bought! That's... pretty reasonable. I mean, even games like Mother and MML had fan translations and games to show that people care. What love does F-Zero have? One for a single character who's remember for something he did OUTSIDE THE MAIN GAMES.
#22KI SimpsonPosted 2/3/2013 9:54:47 PM(edited)
I like how everyone just automatically knows that the proto-Sticker Star we never saw any level design or story from was as good as TTYD. Maybe it wasn't, and that was why it was started over?

And Miyamoto saying he didn't know people wanted F-Zero implies he wasn't forbidding people desperate to make one from proceeding on a regular basis.
---
https://twitter.com/PaulClarkHelpMe
#23AhnoldDoodPosted 2/3/2013 9:57:24 PM
KI Simpson posted...
I like how everyone just automatically knows that the proto-Sticker Star we never saw any level design or story from was as good as TTYD. Maybe it wasn't, and that was why it was started over?

And Miyamoto saying he didn't know people wanted F-Zero implies he wasn't forbidding people desperate to make one from proceeding on a regular basis.

But, it was like TTYD! It was 100% bound to be perfect!

Nah, but really, I'm pretty sure the "fans" would hate Paper Mario 3DS no matter what would happen.
#24DiscostewSMPosted 2/3/2013 9:58:35 PM
You know people are stupid when they focus on the few faults made by Miyamoto, but are tolerant to all the crap, lies and excuses made by everyone else.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#25GloryChaosPosted 2/3/2013 10:00:22 PM
Before Brawl was made, everybody wanted Sakurai to have their babies.

Then brawl came out and people thought he was a talentless hack who only got lucky whenever he made games.

Then Kid Icarus Uprising came out and most of that crowd got swallowed up and vanished. Now people are back to wanting to have Sakurai's children and they expect Super Smash Bros. 4 to descend from the heavens in an ivory casing.

Sticker Star isn't Miyamoto's first mistake. But don't condemn the guy for his interference there.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#26Tsutarja495Posted 2/3/2013 10:05:44 PM
"In an exclusive interview with Wired.com on Wednesday, Shigeru Miyamoto, the 59-year-old head of Nintendo’s game design department, said that he will move away from supervising the development of massive games like this year’s Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and Super Mario 3D Land, passing the torch to the younger designers in the company and working on projects that won’t take as long to complete.

“Inside our office, I’ve been recently declaring, ‘I’m going to retire, I’m going to retire,’” Miyamoto said through his interpreter. “I’m not saying that I’m going to retire from game development altogether. What I mean by retiring is, retiring from my current position.”

“What I really want to do is be in the forefront of game development once again myself,” Miyamoto said. “Probably working on a smaller project with even younger developers. Or I might be interested in making something that I can make myself, by myself. Something really small.”

Miyamoto said that he’s hoping to start work on a project in 2012, and hopefully show the game off publicly within the year.

“In other words, I’m not intending to start from things that require a five-year development time,” he said."
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/12/miyamoto-interview/
#27BroadwayGPUPosted 2/3/2013 10:15:33 PM
I see that my brief absence was all it took for the haters to start challenging my throne. Well. You will NOT control the threesome. Because I'M STILL STANDING. I'M STILL STRONG.
---
#BroadwayGPUTopic
#28WaLuigiTailsPosted 2/3/2013 10:52:29 PM
Don't know about you all but Miyamoto seem to have that serious tone since the wii-u was release. Also he didn't make another F-zero since GX since he clearly done everything at the time so make the game feel like it isn't copy and paste. By the way it is still great especially on Diamond Master Class.
---
3DS fc: 3995 7857 4043 Meo
GT: WaLuigiTails
#29pikachupwnagePosted 2/3/2013 11:02:01 PM
You do realize he is stepping down to a lower position more focused on making games right?

And that he is grooming a new generation to take over for him?
---
Pokemon generation six! All aboard the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png Walhart-Low prices. Everyday. On Everything
#30darkqueenhelbaPosted 2/4/2013 12:02:13 AM
People like the TC need to stop making topics like this. Hate to break it to ya, but Miyamoto isn't the END-ALL-BE-ALL of that company. Only ignorant fools that have absolutely no idea how development is handled at Nintendo make topics like this.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!