If I never played skyward sword is it worth the 60$

#1VoelgerPosted 2/3/2013 11:15:54 AM
I only own a wii u and would need to buy a wii motion plus controller, a nuncuck thingy , and the game.

I guess I could get Mario galaxy 1 and 2 later and use the controllers again.

I want xenoblade too, but that doesn't use the wii controller right?

It's either go last gen, and get skyward sword and wii controllers, or get ME3 or Darksiders 2.
---
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10
#2nonexistingheroPosted 2/3/2013 11:22:32 AM
I think it is. It's not the best Zelda game, but definitely still a great game. And it's the best motion gaming ever got... and probably will be for a while. Anyhow, not a single game requiring motion controls does it as well as this game.

Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 can only be played with Wiimote + Nunchuck combination. Classic controller (or CC Pro) don't work. Still great games though and the best 3D platformers of this generation by far.

Xenoblade can be played in 2 ways. You can either use the Wiimote + Nunchuck. Or you could play it with the Classic controller (or CC pro). Both work just as well as one another for this game, so it's up to preference. Keep in mind that the classic controllers need to be plugged into the Wiimote.

Anyhow, all of those games are well worth it.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#3tigg06Posted 2/3/2013 11:25:40 AM
dont think it is worth 60 personally. I somwehat enjoyed it, but it was extremely linear for the most part and it killed the fun factor a lot. There is some free roam involved but in such a small area to do so.
I was say its worth 40$ if you cna find a used wii copy on ebay or GS or something along those line possibly.. but just dont see 60$.. I think i beat it in like 3 or 4 days.. I didn't find each little "extra" piece but did enough
Biggest wow factor of the game is the freaking SWEET final boss fight
#4Kiro_namiPosted 2/3/2013 11:26:57 AM
I saw at Toys R us for $30, definitely pick it up.
---
GameFAQs is like a car crash - you know it's horrible but you just can't turn away.
#5Voelger(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 11:41:05 AM
You guys miss my point, the game is not 60$, it's the game and controllers.

Though I just called my brother and he has a wii he doesn't use anymore so he will lend me his controllers and a few games. I figured everyone had a wii and now hardly anyone plays it that I could find someone to lend me the controllers
---
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10
#6IlluminoiusPosted 2/3/2013 11:44:48 AM
it depends on whether you like tedious and repetitive fetch quests and a lack of variety in scenery
#7tigg06Posted 2/3/2013 11:50:08 AM
Voelger posted...
You guys miss my point, the game is not 60$, it's the game and controllers.

Though I just called my brother and he has a wii he doesn't use anymore so he will lend me his controllers and a few games. I figured everyone had a wii and now hardly anyone plays it that I could find someone to lend me the controllers

Ah my apologies I did miss you point.. then yeah if its $60 for the controls and the game then yea I would say go for it.. its a decent game and to get extra wii motes would be useful anyways for multiplayer games on the wii u
#8ArchsazePosted 2/3/2013 12:40:02 PM
Either way, picking up a few motion controllers plus (yes, skyward sword requires plus controllers) is necessary if you plan on having friends over for multiplayer.

That being said, Xenoblade, Skyward Sword, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are all great games and worthy of investing in. Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn is another one.