Wii U news! Subscription fees can improve games and services. :)

#1xenosaga123Posted 2/3/2013 10:48:44 AM
Yes Wii U can be the first Nintendo console to teach the community that subscription fees in fact benefit growth, expansion and more quality services. :)

It's like any quality business service, people pay for a service and the service provides its services while improving in the process. (that's how some businesses become even bigger businesses thanks to the harmony between companies and dedicated consumers.)

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/02/dragon-quest-xs-path-to-becoming-a-superstar-and-a-magic-knight-mission/

Do Wii U fans agree that subscription fees help out? I think they do because not only does the company benefit from the funds, but gamers benefit from more content, improvements, updates and more fun. :)

Whereas free to play services or games that just have their disk/download price and that's it, tend to be very limited and shortterm products with little to no expansion or dedicated service for growth and improvements.

So yea what do Wii U owners think? :)
#2DarkShadowRagePosted 2/3/2013 10:52:45 AM
no subscriptions suck period
---
A big time Samus fan and Metroid fan |I'm probably the biggest Samus fan you'll ever meet.Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkShadowRage2
#3lp913Posted 2/3/2013 10:55:02 AM
DarkShadowRage posted...
no subscriptions suck period

^This, especially when competitors can offer similar experiences for FREE!
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#4ElectricMolePosted 2/3/2013 10:56:05 AM
Subscription fees improve games....WTF?
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188
#5ADHDguitarPosted 2/3/2013 10:58:01 AM
Of course, while annoying, subscription fees are quite better than F2P, as F2P, in most cases, is a scam.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#6UC27Posted 2/3/2013 12:40:27 PM
I would gladly play a subscription fee for complete online services like Xbox Live with party systems and cross game chat. Separate game subscriptions suck. So do micro transactions to upgrade your stuff.
#7ArabrockermanXPosted 2/3/2013 12:43:55 PM
Subscription fees have a bad habit of helping profits more than the consumer...
#8force_user1975Posted 2/3/2013 12:48:11 PM
Obviously subscription fees aren't something people like, I've been an Xbox Live Gold Member for over 7 years now. I think their online is in a league of it's own, I believe you get better service, features, play and security when you pay a fee for a premium service. In all the time I've had Xbox Live I've NEVER had a single minute of downtime or maintenance. I think that alone makes it worthwhile.

I'm not saying Nintendo should start out asking for $60 a year, but Microsoft didn't start out there either. Maybe $20-$30 a year would be something just about everyone could live with. Nintendo's online service was already down for emergency maintenance the other day, and it's kind of slow from time to time. Think about the fact that Microsoft makes 1 billion yearly off Xbox Live Gold, that helps recoup costs in a loss on a console or loss because someone bought a used game.

I just think it's the way to go if Nintendo wants people to take their online seriously.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag "MOH Crapgamer" PSN "Crapgamer" Wii U "Crapgamer" Teammoh.com
#9knightimexPosted 2/3/2013 1:22:13 PM
How often does PSN fail vs Xbox Live?

Hint one is free the other cost money
---
Old School Games FTW!
#10diggyfreshPosted 2/3/2013 2:25:06 PM
xenosaga123 posted...
Yes Wii U can be the first Nintendo console to teach the community that subscription fees in fact benefit growth, expansion and more quality services. :)

It's like any quality business service, people pay for a service and the service provides its services while improving in the process. (that's how some businesses become even bigger businesses thanks to the harmony between companies and dedicated consumers.)

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/02/dragon-quest-xs-path-to-becoming-a-superstar-and-a-magic-knight-mission/

Do Wii U fans agree that subscription fees help out? I think they do because not only does the company benefit from the funds, but gamers benefit from more content, improvements, updates and more fun. :)

Whereas free to play services or games that just have their disk/download price and that's it, tend to be very limited and shortterm products with little to no expansion or dedicated service for growth and improvements.

So yea what do Wii U owners think? :)

Subscription fees can be a good thing. For one thing, it prevents abuse of the service because the players are serious about actually playing the game.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade