Wii U news! Subscription fees can improve games and services. :)

#11_Sovereign_Posted 2/3/2013 3:35:19 PM
force_user1975 posted...
Obviously subscription fees aren't something people like, I've been an Xbox Live Gold Member for over 7 years now. I think their online is in a league of it's own, I believe you get better service, features, play and security when you pay a fee for a premium service. In all the time I've had Xbox Live I've NEVER had a single minute of downtime or maintenance. I think that alone makes it worthwhile.

I'm not saying Nintendo should start out asking for $60 a year, but Microsoft didn't start out there either. Maybe $20-$30 a year would be something just about everyone could live with. Nintendo's online service was already down for emergency maintenance the other day, and it's kind of slow from time to time. Think about the fact that Microsoft makes 1 billion yearly off Xbox Live Gold, that helps recoup costs in a loss on a console or loss because someone bought a used game.

I just think it's the way to go if Nintendo wants people to take their online seriously.

1.) I completely disagree with everything you said about LIVE, and
2.) There is no way you avoided the numerous times LIVE went down

LIVE is riddled with ads, yet you pay for premium service. All the "features" are available everywhere else for free, and run better. Online gaming is comparable to PSN, sometimes better, sometimes worse, just like ANY online system that allows real people to connect, some of which are not honest people.

You are entitled to spend your money however you see fit, and I'm glad your happy, but to declare this service as a "higher class" than the rest is short-sighted.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#12teamaquashockPosted 2/3/2013 4:02:08 PM
_Sovereign_ posted...
force_user1975 posted...
Obviously subscription fees aren't something people like, I've been an Xbox Live Gold Member for over 7 years now. I think their online is in a league of it's own, I believe you get better service, features, play and security when you pay a fee for a premium service. In all the time I've had Xbox Live I've NEVER had a single minute of downtime or maintenance. I think that alone makes it worthwhile.

I'm not saying Nintendo should start out asking for $60 a year, but Microsoft didn't start out there either. Maybe $20-$30 a year would be something just about everyone could live with. Nintendo's online service was already down for emergency maintenance the other day, and it's kind of slow from time to time. Think about the fact that Microsoft makes 1 billion yearly off Xbox Live Gold, that helps recoup costs in a loss on a console or loss because someone bought a used game.

I just think it's the way to go if Nintendo wants people to take their online seriously.

1.) I completely disagree with everything you said about LIVE, and
2.) There is no way you avoided the numerous times LIVE went down

LIVE is riddled with ads, yet you pay for premium service. All the "features" are available everywhere else for free, and run better. Online gaming is comparable to PSN, sometimes better, sometimes worse, just like ANY online system that allows real people to connect, some of which are not honest people.

You are entitled to spend your money however you see fit, and I'm glad your happy, but to declare this service as a "higher class" than the rest is short-sighted.

I salute your logic good sir.
---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-"
#13ZvolTxPosted 2/3/2013 4:04:27 PM
Anyone who plays MMOs knows P2P is far better than anything F2P.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
#14MichaeIPachterPosted 2/3/2013 4:04:32 PM
Nintendo would rather be cheap with their online by making it free. If you want the best online, you have to pay for xbox live.
---
It's a profit deal.
#15P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/3/2013 4:05:01 PM
lp913 posted...
DarkShadowRage posted...
no subscriptions suck period

^This, especially when competitors can offer similar experiences for FREE!

---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece