Have people become disillusioned with Nintendo post-GCN?

#1evosthunderPosted 2/3/2013 3:12:57 PM
It seems like a crime to defend the Wii, but addressing the GCN's issues will earn you the label of "troll." Am I the only one who's experienced this?
---
I post on other sites, too. Don't think that's how I spend all of my time.
#2CaioNVPosted 2/3/2013 3:17:42 PM
Uhh, I think you're talking with different people. Anyone in their right minds will see that both are great consoles but not perfect consoles.
You were talking with Nintendo fanboys for the GCN, you were talking with Sony Fanboys/Microsoft Fanboys for the Wii.
The Super Nintendo is infinitely better than the Mega Drive tough.
---
Let's Blocking:
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/Debug_Mode/sf3_2.png
#3Virus66Posted 2/3/2013 3:18:49 PM
evosthunder posted...
It seems like a crime to defend the Wii, but addressing the GCN's issues will earn you the label of "troll." Am I the only one who's experienced this?

It's the fact that people are so quick to attack Nintendo about frivolous things (the Nintendo double-standard) that the fans are just sick of it all and snap back at the slightest hint of a troll, which leads to even more problems. Both sides are absolutely atrocious but without the trolls, the fanboys wouldn't be nearly as bad... as much as I hate using the words "troll" and "fanboy" >_<
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#4nonexistingheroPosted 2/3/2013 3:21:50 PM
I think a lot of immature kids started to show up since the Wii U's launch. A bunch of bitter kids that want certain games from this console, yet refuse to buy the console because it's 'Nintendo'.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#5omniryuPosted 2/3/2013 4:31:34 PM
Virus66 posted...
evosthunder posted...

It's the fact that people are so quick to attack Nintendo about frivolous things (the Nintendo double-standard) that the fans are just sick of it all and snap back at the slightest hint of a troll, which leads to even more problems. Both sides are absolutely atrocious but without the trolls, the fanboys wouldn't be nearly as bad... as much as I hate using the words "troll" and "fanboy" >_<

This.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#6McmadnessV3Posted 2/3/2013 4:35:23 PM
Nope.

I've been disappointed but never disillusioned.
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
#7evosthunder(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 11:29:33 AM
CaioNV posted...
Uhh, I think you're talking with different people. Anyone in their right minds will see that both are great consoles but not perfect consoles.
You were talking with Nintendo fanboys for the GCN, you were talking with Sony Fanboys/Microsoft Fanboys for the Wii.

Nope, these were self-identifying "fans" of Nintendo. The Wii was a kiddy, casual piece of s*** while the GCN was the last good Nintendo console. The same thing happens when pointing out the 64's flaws.
---
I post on other sites, too. Don't think that's how I spend all of my time.
#8SigmaHacielPosted 2/4/2013 11:31:55 AM
omniryu posted...
Virus66 posted...
evosthunder posted...

This.

This.

It is the same as some of the other most popular entities and their trollbase.
#9Virus66Posted 2/4/2013 11:34:42 AM
evosthunder posted...
CaioNV posted...

Nope, these were self-identifying "fans" of Nintendo. The Wii was a kiddy, casual piece of s*** while the GCN was the last good Nintendo console. The same thing happens when pointing out the 64's flaws.

Oh you mean like Nice_Kirbyfan, hellbringr, HELZERO and the others who are "fans" despite their utter disdain for all things Nintendo and only have the desire to see them fail? Yeah, and I'm totally an Apple fan too while we are at it >_>

The Wii was just as valid of a console with an equal amount of pros and cons as the PS3 or 360. Only the deaf/dumb/blind or the incredibly biased and insecure people don't realize this.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#10The_HyphenatorPosted 2/4/2013 11:38:44 AM
I've seen a number of supposed former Nintendo fans who did nothing but rag on the Wii and are now transferring that antagonism to the Wii U. I say "supposed" because 99% of these guys, when I talk to them, come off more as trolls trying to claim some kind of legitimacy than as disgruntled fans.