Have people become disillusioned with Nintendo post-GCN?

#11squatch22Posted 2/4/2013 10:42:59 AM
I own multiple consoles from Nintendo, Sony, MS and Sega. Im more a Ninty fan tho.
I couldnt live without my PSP tho. But PS3 never had any appeal for me, even after loving PS1 and 2.
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#12darknight06Posted 2/4/2013 10:56:38 AM
The Wii, until they squandered it, was the best console they've released since the NES. It's the first time I've actually felt Nintendo was taking GAMING seriously again. The WiiU and 3DS seem like they're trying to go back to the direction they may have liked more but didn't sell well, and all its doing is screwing them up just as bad as it did with the GC/N64. It's not even that they won't learn anymore, they know what they have to do to sell well. They just don't WANT to do it.

If the business side doesn't intervene within the next few years there's gonna be some big problems down the pipeline.
---
3DS Friend code: 4081-5501-8308
#13excitebike64Posted 2/4/2013 1:23:11 PM
evosthunder posted...
CaioNV posted...
Uhh, I think you're talking with different people. Anyone in their right minds will see that both are great consoles but not perfect consoles.
You were talking with Nintendo fanboys for the GCN, you were talking with Sony Fanboys/Microsoft Fanboys for the Wii.

Nope, these were self-identifying "fans" of Nintendo. The Wii was a kiddy, casual piece of s*** while the GCN was the last good Nintendo console. The same thing happens when pointing out the 64's flaws.

GCN was aimed more at the hardocre audience. Looking at third party support shows this. It just did not succeed as they hoped and the WIi became more casual. Not everything, but over all.

Hoping WIi U has the best of GCN and the Wii. WWHD is a good sign.
#14Mirror_AuraPosted 2/4/2013 1:44:51 PM
It seems like a crime to defend the Wii, but addressing the GCN's issues will earn you the label of "troll." Am I the only one who's experienced this?

Nope, not the only one. I have also dealt with people who won't admit that the Nintendo 64, Virtual Boy, and GameCube were failures. And yeah, then I get the "troll" label as if somehow those three bad systems by Nintendo make all the GOOD ones --- NES, SNES, GB, GBA, DS, and so on --- worse or something? I don't really get it. It's not like I'm arguing subjective opinion, it's a simple fact that Nintendo only rarely put out good games for those three systems... I don't need more than five fingers to count the good Nintendo 64 games, and that's including third-party titles. The GameCube is only slightly better, and everyone knows that the Virtual Boy is a failure (but to group it with the N64 and GameCube is somehow "harsh" or something, I guess?).

evosthunder posted...
Nope, these were self-identifying "fans" of Nintendo. The Wii was a kiddy, casual piece of s*** while the GCN was the last good Nintendo console. The same thing happens when pointing out the 64's flaws.

Oh you mean like Nice_Kirbyfan, hellbringr, HELZERO and the others who are "fans" despite their utter disdain for all things Nintendo and only have the desire to see them fail? Yeah, and I'm totally an Apple fan too while we are at it >_>

Yeah, and I'm totally a fan of DRM such as Steam!

The Wii, until they squandered it, was the best console they've released since the NES. It's the first time I've actually felt Nintendo was taking GAMING seriously again. The WiiU and 3DS seem like they're trying to go back to the direction they may have liked more but didn't sell well, and all its doing is screwing them up just as bad as it did with the GC/N64. It's not even that they won't learn anymore, they know what they have to do to sell well. They just don't WANT to do it.
If the business side doesn't intervene within the next few years there's gonna be some big problems down the pipeline.

I agree.
---
The most powerful army, in, HISTORY.
YAAAAAAYYYYY.
#15excitebike64Posted 2/4/2013 1:54:05 PM
NIntendo 64 and GCN were not failures. NIntendo made money on both and changed gaming, at least with the N64.

What helps with GCN is they sold a lot of software relative to the smaller number of consoles released.

The Virtual Boy is the only real failure.
#16evosthunder(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 2:47:41 PM
The sad part is that they trash the Wii U and haven't even played it(most of them).
---
I post on other sites, too. Don't think that's how I spend all of my time.
#17_Candice_Posted 2/4/2013 3:01:58 PM
Why do people write off Nintendo complaints as Sony trolls/fanboys etc.

Im pretty sure every legitimate Nintenfan despised the Wii and wishes for the Wii U to be a return to glory.
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard