Will Wii U ever have a LBP styled Mario / Metroid / or Zelda game?

#1Braver_Angel_70Posted 2/3/2013 3:27:13 PM
The only drawback is that you wouldn't be able to actively modify it if you were playing it as a guest... but you could leave notes?

Rules:
- The custom levels would only be playable to those with a clear file? (Zelda and Metroid mainly)
- The levels get voted on by the community to be flagged for offensive content? Nintendo would pay them for beta testing, much like Google does for pageviews on Youtube / Blogger?

other thoughts
- monetize the levels. user makes a level and if they want to send it to the community make them pay a fee for uploading it.
- User can demo the level until it is completed once. Flagpole / Boss / Win
-other users pay to access the level and nintendo gets 10% from each transaction until the fee for uploading is paid back to the user who created it, and then Nintendo would only take 5% from each transaction thereafter. (Based somewhat off of Apple's App store.)
- anything gained from custom levels does not carry over to single player campaign

I mean we saw a glimpse of it from the Brawl stage maker.

Maybe I'm just too smart for my own good.
---
DaLagga"consoles were their own unique thing, these days, they're essentially just really low end PC's with child locks.No wonder they're in decline."
#2teh1337gosuPosted 2/3/2013 3:28:30 PM
LBP is a horrible platform game.

Sure it has endless customization and content, but the core gameplay sucks.
---
Yvan eht nioj
#3LUlGIPosted 2/3/2013 3:31:43 PM(edited)
- The levels get voted on by the community to be flagged for offensive content? Nintendo would pay them for beta testing, much like Google does for pageviews on Youtube / Blogger?

Are you saying Nintendo would pay people who beta test levels?

....No

- monetize the levels. user makes a level and if they want to send it to the community make them pay a fee for uploading it.

No

-other users pay to access the level

No

Maybe if you read his post it has nothing to do with LBP's core gameplay.
#4Braver_Angel_70(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 3:52:39 PM
LUlGI posted...

Are you saying Nintendo would pay people who beta test levels?

....No

No

-other users pay to access the level

No

Maybe if you read his post it has nothing to do with LBP's core gameplay.

1st point.
Paying people to beta test the levels would free up the workload if this were to ever be successful. Nintendo is already beta testing level for official games. You can't expect them to take on the extra workload for custom made levels. Why not branch out for strangers to beta test levels? Not everyone can live in Redmond Washington to beta test levels.

2nd point.
Monetizing them will prevent joke and troll levels from ever reaching the community custom levels. People like to joke and troll except when they have to pay for it. A paywall is an effective means to block unwanted levels except from those with enough money to do so. Who would benefit from uploading a joke / level with a paywall that gets down voted into a black hole? Nintendo. Who wins if his level is an effective troll and gets purchased after demo? the players and the creator and Nintendo. but the cost to troll should leave the creator to wonder if it is worth the effort to troll / joke.

3rd Point.
I think you missed the point where i said you demo play it once from start to finish once, and if you like you can then buy it if you want.
---
DaLagga"consoles were their own unique thing, these days, they're essentially just really low end PC's with child locks.No wonder they're in decline."
#5LUlGIPosted 2/3/2013 4:48:57 PM(edited)
1st point.
Paying people to beta test the levels would free up the workload if this were to ever be successful. Nintendo is already beta testing level for official games. You can't expect them to take on the extra workload for custom made levels. Why not branch out for strangers to beta test levels? Not everyone can live in Redmond Washington to beta test levels.

There is no need for beta testing other than before release of the game for certain parts of the main game, to find glitches or issues with the game and its online functions. Media Molecule doesn't charge you to be a beta tester for LBP. And if you're talking about beta testing online levels made by players, what would be the point of that? The level creator IS the "beta tester", and it's their job to make sure their level works and functions good enough for it to be completed.

Monetizing them will prevent joke and troll levels from ever reaching the community custom levels. People like to joke and troll except when they have to pay for it. A paywall is an effective means to block unwanted levels except from those with enough money to do so. Who would benefit from uploading a joke / level with a paywall that gets down voted into a black hole? Nintendo. Who wins if his level is an effective troll and gets purchased after demo? the players and the creator and Nintendo. but the cost to troll should leave the creator to wonder if it is worth the effort to troll / joke.

You're going to get trolls regardless. There's no need to pay for anything especially not to put up levels that you created. XBL doesn't stop people from hacking games online, and trolls making levels doesn't mean you're forced to play them. If you really want people to avoid troll levels, just give the game a level rating system. There are people who don't troll who wouldn't pay to put up levels either, you know.

I think you missed the point where i said you demo play it once from start to finish once, and if you like you can then buy it if you want.

I understood your point. You're telling me that if I like a single level, I'm going to pay for it to play it again even though I already beat it. No thanks.
#6StrawbearryMilkPosted 2/3/2013 4:30:54 PM
Every single point is horrible.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/smapizard
http://i.imgur.com/34WZF.gif
#7knightimexPosted 2/3/2013 5:40:31 PM
if you want users to pay then make the game free 2 play and use micro transactions.
Otherwise you're going to have a steaming pile of fail on your hands.

Or make the "payments" epic dirty cheap. Like 0.50
---
Old School Games FTW!
#8DarkZV2BetaPosted 2/3/2013 5:41:51 PM
Terrible idea.
Howabout, stagebuilder! Can share stages for free!(like you can on ANY OTHER PLATFORM)
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
a high end card gets bg3 1080p maxed around 200fps ~The Q on BF3.
#9Tsutarja495Posted 2/3/2013 5:44:43 PM
Why would you want to have to pay for everything? You say it is to stop joke stages, but couldn't you just ignore them?
#10Braver_Angel_70(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 10:14:50 PM
knightimex posted...
if you want users to pay then make the game free 2 play and use micro transactions.
Otherwise you're going to have a steaming pile of fail on your hands.

Or make the "payments" epic dirty cheap. Like 0.50

This, ALL of this.
---