Anyone else feel naming it the Wii U has killed any chance it has of advertising

#1Garfield64Posted 2/3/2013 4:55:30 PM
Seriously - Results (346 votes)
Agreed, consumers are assuming it's just a unneeded expansion for the regular wii
69.65% (241 votes)
Disagreed, consumers do know that it's a new independent system
30.35% (105 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I've even had a significant number tell me they already bought the Udraw tablet and it wasn't that great.
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!
#2StealthlysPosted 2/3/2013 4:56:07 PM
Agreed. I hope they ditch the wii naming next gen.
#3JackalPosted 2/3/2013 4:59:20 PM
Agree. People think it's a new controller.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#4Baha05Posted 2/3/2013 4:59:52 PM
Naw, if people can understand what a PS3 is I think they will understand what a Wii U is. Only the really dumb consumers might be confused by the name.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#5Garfield64(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 5:03:16 PM(edited)
On a funny side note about this. I told my cousin about how awesome the Wii U was and she should get it for her kids. She's a regular gamer to (fully loaded PS3 and Xbox), just doesn't go online to game sites. Not ditzy or dumb or anything. I found out when I visited her couple weeks later. She had purchased a regular Wii instead of a Wii U. She was talking about how her kids did love it a bunch. I did not have the heart to tell her it was the wrong system.

(her kids are 7 and 4 btw)

OH, and on that note! She told me they didn't need the U drawing pad because they already had tablets (cheapo ones she got them from black friday a few months ago)
---
#6muffinmasherPosted 2/3/2013 5:02:31 PM
Jackal posted...
Agree. People think it's a new controller.

Most of the Non-Gaming people I talk to still don't really have any idea what it is.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654 8353 8201
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#7Baha05Posted 2/3/2013 5:02:51 PM
Garfield64 posted...
On a funny side note about this. I told my cousin about how awesome the Wii U was and she should get it for her kids. She's a regular gamer to (fully loaded PS3 and Xbox), just doesn't go online to game sites. Not ditzy or dumb or anything. I found out when I visited her couple weeks later. She had purchased a regular Wii instead of a Wii U. She was talking about how her kids did love it a bunch. I did not have the heart to tell her it was the wrong system.

Your cousin must be new to gaming then.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#8Garfield64(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 5:04:11 PM
Baha05 posted...
Garfield64 posted...

Your cousin must be new to gaming then.

She's been gaming sense she was 4-5 with me, the last 25 years.

She just thinks online gaming communities are nothing but hateful old men who complain about everything so she avoids them.
---
#9Baha05Posted 2/3/2013 5:05:03 PM
Garfield64 posted...

She just thinks online gaming communities are nothing but hateful old men who complain about everything so she avoids them.

I'm not buying that, if that was the case one shouldn't make such a mistake of buying a console.
---
#10Garfield64(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 5:11:10 PM
Baha05 posted...
Garfield64 posted...

I'm not buying that, if that was the case one shouldn't make such a mistake of buying a console.

It's freaking true, she never bought the Wii cause she heard bad things about it. (She had a gamecube though). She honestly 100% thought when I was talking about Wii U I meant the Wii and the Udraw thing (that she called a Upad).
---