Anyone else feel naming it the Wii U has killed any chance it has of advertising

#41LonelyGoombaPosted 2/3/2013 6:53:59 PM
well that's why everyone wanted them to change the name.

the 3DS has enough problems with people thinking it was just the old DS in 3D and people think the wii u is just a tablet.

EVERYTIME it comes up in a conversation most of the people don't really know what it even is. basically, it's a terrible name. Even Wii2 is better, Its clear it's a new console
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLonelyGoomba
Please check out my YT channel, even if you hate it, thats fine.
#42Garfield64(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 7:01:50 PM
DTY3 posted...
That's the usual response from someone when they've been backed into a corner. Kirbyfan does the same thing.

Backed into a corner? Please elaborate in full detail while bumping me ^_^
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!
#43Garfield64(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 7:02:27 PM
LonelyGoomba posted...

the 3DS has enough problems with people thinking it was just the old DS in 3D and people think the wii u is just a tablet.

EVERYTIME it comes up in a conversation most of the people don't really know what it even is. basically, it's a terrible name. Even Wii2 is better, Its clear it's a new console

I know, it's weird the NDF protects the name so much.

It's not like the name effects how awesome a system the Wii U is ^_^.
---
#44Baha05Posted 2/3/2013 7:05:06 PM
LonelyGoomba posted...

The thing is there are no numbers to state how many people and what demographic are getting confused by it. Aside from gamers, pretty much everyone else won't have a clue about anything game related. And all it takes is word of mouth to educate people what it is. Changing the name to something else will not stop people from being confused
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#45Wiiplayer111Posted 2/3/2013 7:07:13 PM
Baha05 posted...
Naw, if people can understand what a PS3 is I think they will understand what a Wii U is. Only the really dumb consumers might be confused by the name.

This.

Even the most non gamer people I know recognized it as something new. When asked they said things like "Oh yeah the new Nintendo U."
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#46Garfield64(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 7:07:27 PM
Baha05 posted...
LonelyGoomba posted...

The thing is there are no numbers to state how many people and what demographic are getting confused by it. Aside from gamers, pretty much everyone else won't have a clue about anything game related. And all it takes is word of mouth to educate people what it is. Changing the name to something else will not stop people from being confused

Really so if they say named it the "Nintendo Phoenix" they would get just as confused thinking that it's a expansion to the Wii.

Wii -> Wii U

Wii -> NP (Nintendo Phoenix)
---
#47Baha05Posted 2/3/2013 7:09:28 PM
Garfield64 posted...
Really so if they say named it the "Nintendo Phoenix" they would get just as confused thinking that it's a expansion to the Wii.

Wii -> Wii U

Wii -> NP (Nintendo Phoenix)

Yes and no, the confusion will be vastly different but there will still be some confusion as to what the system is and if it can play older CD based games from the GCV/Wii and if they can transfer their stuff from the Wii to the NP.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#48DTY3Posted 2/3/2013 7:10:17 PM
Backed into a corner? Please elaborate in full detail while bumping me ^_^

Uh-huh...

DTY3 posted...
Garfield64 posted...
DTY3 posted...
Garfield64 posted...
DTY3 posted...
Theres a reason your topic got deleted.

By post 69, 49 of the posts were from you.

Stop spamming.

Got it for trolling. It was NOT spam. They were from real people not me.

It was trolling and spam. I marked other and typed in Spam, trolling and Disruptive posting.

I see, it must of offended you seeing 100's of people not know that Wii U was a new system ^_^.

This wouldn't of happened if they gave it a better name.

1. Im not so petty as to get offended by random people not knowing what a video game console is -_-

2. *wouldn't have. Please grammar.

But you decided to punk out and change the subejct. You arent Kirbyfan. Stop trying to be him.

I wouldnt be surprised if your next post was "LOL I HAVE SO MANY FANS" or "LOLZ THANKS FOR BUMPING MY TOPIC CAUSE I COULDNT COME UP WITH A COMEBACK"
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#49robinhoekPosted 2/3/2013 7:13:51 PM
I dislike the name but if people could figure out the 360 was a new system then I have no doubt they can figure out the U is as well.
#50kingofall214Posted 2/3/2013 7:20:15 PM
I don't think consumers are getting it confused. I think it is a terrible name though.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214