Rename the 2D Platformer Mario titles

#11KroganBallEaterPosted 2/3/2013 10:06:15 PM
GloryChaos posted...
KroganBallEater posted...
MarioMan847 posted...
If we are talking about the "New" series then it's

New Super Mario Brothers.

New, because they all add new features. And super since it's not the same thing over and over again.

Went ahead and fixed that for ya.

...Please....PLEASE give me an example of what each of them add.

NSMBW added Multiplayer. That's it. Then the rest just add 1 or 2 new powerups.

New level design, challenges, and coin rush.

There's no point in arguing with Mario man so do not try. The fact that he legitimately enjoys the titles is actually a respectable thing in my eyes.

The same things Call of duty adds every year. (besides coin rush)
---
I knew we forgot someone... you
#12GloryChaosPosted 2/3/2013 10:12:42 PM
Funny. I once asked if the New Super Mario Bros. games take the same design philosophy in mind that the CoD games do. Performance over graphics (CoD games prioritize frame rate over graphics and the black ops games aren't even in native 720p HD). They both don't change too much because they feel that not a lot needs to be changed. They both make relatively minor alterations with each installation.

When I mentioned this on the 3ds boards, nobody seemed to think the comparison made sense. The reasoning being that NSMB games aren't released every year.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#13DTY3Posted 2/3/2013 10:13:18 PM
Tsutarja495 posted...
...Please....PLEASE give me an example of what each of them add.

NSMBW added Multiplayer. That's it. Then the rest just add 1 or 2 new powerups.

NSMBU added boost mode.

oh my god...OH MY GOD STOP THE ****ING PRESSES. NEW SUPER MARIO BROTHERS U ADDED A MOVING SCREEN.

I have to alert EVERYBODY about this innovation, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 4 REALLY has to crank up the innovation knob once again so it can be as innovative as THIS.

Thats....not what boost mode is...

But it also added challenge mode, something I would have LOVED in the classics.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#14badboyPosted 2/3/2013 10:17:15 PM
Super Mario World is called Super Mario World: Super Mario Bros. 4 in Japan, and Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island is called Super Mario: Yoshi Island there. Both Super Mario Bros 4 and Super Mario World 3 will be confusing for some people. But I do hope the next game is actually similar to SMB3.
#15leeko_linkPosted 2/3/2013 11:47:38 PM
Super Mario Country:

(hey we got a Super Mario Land and a Donkey Kong Land so why not a Super Mario Country like Donkey Kong Country)

Super Mario Dimensions

Super Mario Climax

Super Mario Story

Super Mario Gaiden

Lego Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros. Yarn or Yarn Super Mario Bros.
#16ZodrynPosted 2/3/2013 11:56:46 PM
Bario

At the beginning of the next game, Bowser and Mario fall into a vat of radioactive material that fuses them together, creating Bario, the mutant turtle plumber! The story follows Bario's bipolar feelings towards princess Peach. In the end, Bario realizes he must exile himself to a distant wasteland to keep Peach safe.

Following games occur in various other lands/worlds as Bario learns to master his inner Koopa so he can return to the princess.
---
"And most of all, remember this: Your gems are the gems that will pierce the heavens. And you are truly, truly outrageous." ~ Scarizard
#17monkeyspoonPosted 2/4/2013 1:40:19 AM
How about "the same old mario bros you've played hundreds of times before"? That's a more accurate description of mario games.
---
PSN ID: monkeyspoon, XBL ID: monkeyspoon, Nintendo Network ID: monkeyspoon "I own the Vita and hate it" ShadowfxD2 (but still trolls the vita board)
#18GencoilPosted 2/4/2013 2:36:56 AM
I think they should go back to just "Super Mario Bros" and use subtitles for each game.
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#19TalicusPosted 2/4/2013 2:23:39 PM
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...
n00b Super Mario Bros.

then they can make the harder one true Super Mario Bros. 4.

A game that doesn't spam lives and power-ups at the players and has those door mazes and such.

I would love to see your replay of gold starring the "don't touch anything" coin challenge.
---
Please excuse me for my poor English.
Thank you.