The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

But the Wii U gamepad is a gimmick. riiiggghhht.

#1cvmckenziePosted 2/3/2013 10:30:56 PM
I' m normally somewhat immune to the media tossing unfair negativity toward nintendo. But every now and again, something gets confirmed and the medias editorial reaction just makes me want to vent. This is one of those times.

As many of us know ign has been none too kind to nintendo. They throw around the word gimmick, usually after the word 'needless' and all kinds of stuff thats really not called for. Ive always believed that they do it for the clicks and hits because nintendo is truly beloved throughout 99% of the world and anything negative thats said is going to get attention. I still believe that. But what i just saw is stupid and just blatantly dumb.

Theres a long ass write up on ign, right now, about the xboxs illumiroom being the future of gaming. For those of you that dont know, its a projector device that throws misalligned representations of the gameworld thats not being displayed on your screen onto your walls and furniture. It was rumored to be ms's big new thing along with kinect 2 in the rumors that came out a little bit ago. And now ign has pictures and a very tired jaw.

I'm not surprised. Nor shocked. But, I cant believe that the wii u gamepad is a needless gimmick because it has a touch screen that simplifies a number of menu and interface issues, to say nothing about not even needing a tv most of tbe time when you use it, but this ridiculous and expensive pos that's hooking up to your 720 to splash disorienting visuals all over your living room gets billed as the future.

I cant wait to see what they have to say about the helmet visor sony wants to strap to our heads...
---
Don't be that guy that's like those guys. It's in poor taste.
#2LifelessBoyPosted 2/3/2013 10:32:46 PM
"I hate microsoft and love nintendo, blah blah blah"

*Yawn*
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/YFAL%20Putipuelko
Don't flame me bro. GT: YFAL Putipuelko - PSN: LifelessLoser - Steam ID: YFAL_Putipuelko
#3ADHDguitarPosted 2/3/2013 10:34:41 PM
LifelessBoy posted...
"I hate microsoft and love nintendo, blah blah blah"

*Yawn*

The point.

You missed it.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#4ZimbabweBobPosted 2/3/2013 10:36:33 PM
If Nintendo does something different, it's a gimmick, a cheap diversion. If MicroSony does something different, it's innovation!
---
You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.
NNID: ZimbabweBob
#5Pac12345Posted 2/3/2013 10:39:29 PM
The Wii U gamepad is a gimmick, huh?

Two words: Sixaxis controller.

Glad people like to pay for an unused feature.

/End of topic
#6cvmckenzie(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 10:42:02 PM
Wow. Lifelessboy really nailed that screenname of his, didnt he?
---
Don't be that guy that's like those guys. It's in poor taste.
#7Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/3/2013 10:42:09 PM
ZimbabweBob posted...
If Nintendo does something different, it's a gimmick, a cheap diversion. If MicroSony does something different, it's innovation!

Technically touch screen controllers has been around before the Wii U

Sega created the first touch screen controller/handheld, it never made it to release.

Tiger's Game.Com made it to release and touch screen controls for arcades has been popular in Japan since early 2000

So where is the innovation from nintendo?
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#8PSOLavisPosted 2/3/2013 10:43:29 PM
Definition: Gimmick- "An innovative or unusual mechanical contrivance; a gadget. something designed to attract extra attention, interest, or publicity."

How are all the things in this thread mentioned not gimmicks? To argue that the gamepad is not a gimmick because something ms is making is more gimmicky does not fly.
#9kdognumba1Posted 2/3/2013 10:44:51 PM
ZimbabweBob posted...

---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#10MathewMansonPosted 2/3/2013 10:46:02 PM
kdognumba1 posted...
ZimbabweBob posted...

---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.