But the Wii U gamepad is a gimmick. riiiggghhht.

#11cvmckenzie(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 11:46:10 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#12quickposterPosted 2/3/2013 11:55:10 PM(edited)
Just looking at Microsoft now they are becoming the king of this direction. They have Smart Glass and seem to be trying to light up rooms with a holographic projector.

The problem is the audience Microsoft is after will never accept Kinect. They want a powerful system which blows Wii U out of the water but Microsoft want to stick an expensive camera controller with a 3D motion tracker in the system.

My brother (who is studying game design) and a lot of his friends believe it will be Microsoft's system that is the casual one next gen and everybody will go back to Sony.

Personally I still think core gamers can and will accept Wii U.
---
Bethesda not convinced people will buy the next xbox and PS4: your install base always starts at zero
#13pearl arowanaPosted 2/4/2013 12:27:05 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#14ZimbabweBobPosted 2/4/2013 12:32:22 AM
pearl arowana posted...
ZimbabweBob posted...
If Nintendo does something different, it's a gimmick, a cheap diversion. If MicroSony does something different, it's innovation!

yes... prolly because its nintendo practice to cut corner.. halfass outdated product...they use cheap stuffs to amplify hardware sales profit.. microsoft and sony on the other hand put real efford on it.. they pretty much take hits to get better hardware to consumer.

wii motion controller is crap. move and kinect have wayyyyyyyyyy much more precision to it.

You used to put more effort into the trolling, now you can't even bother to spellcheck....It's like you heart isn't even in it anymore.
---
You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.
NNID: ZimbabweBob
#15DiscostewSMPosted 2/4/2013 12:50:21 AM
ZimbabweBob posted...
If Nintendo does something different, it's a gimmick, a cheap diversion. If MicroSony does something different, it's innovation!

---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#16occupation_bobPosted 2/4/2013 1:01:47 AM
Guys just play Nintendoland then judge.
---
It's like my Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattatas.
#17TMW001Posted 2/4/2013 1:03:55 AM
DiscostewSM posted...
ZimbabweBob posted...
#18ChipChippersonPosted 2/4/2013 1:33:25 AM
I have a sincere feeling that the U will be the most inoffensive choice for 'hardcore' gamers in the future. You have Sony who will probably be aiming for the pricy uber-tech (maybe with a 'gimmick' to boot) and it seems like MS is going full blown casual. Looks like the U may end up being the default choice for those who just want to play some games.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#19squatch22Posted 2/4/2013 2:11:39 AM
Its always a gimmick until Sony use it.
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#20PSOLavisPosted 2/4/2013 2:19:25 AM
It is so cute when people come and act like they know the meaning of a word when they don't. Almost as cute as people who use made up words like irregardless. Try learning what words mean before you people go and make a fool of yourself next time. EVERYTHING not needed to play games is a gimmick ex. rumble, motion controls, 3d, etc.