the trolls are right. WiiU isn't next gen

#11ixoriaPosted 2/4/2013 3:51:59 AM
Big_Isaac posted...
ixoria posted...
Big_Isaac posted...
it's current gen

a new generation begins when the first console of said generation is released
as such, we are currently in the 8th generation of gaming, and we have been since the 3DS came out in early 2011.
thus far, there's only 3 8th gen platforms. 3DS, Vita and WiiU

Wii U is current gen with PS3 and 360.

PS4 and NextXbox would be the real next generation consoles.

Wii, PS3 and 360 are 7th gen. WiiU is the successor to the Wii. hence it is 8th gen.
that's all there is to it.

Nope. If we follow how you count it, PS4 would be 4th gen. but its not Wii U is current gen with PS3 and 360. That's all there is to it.
#12Big_Isaac(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 3:52:27 AM
STE573 posted...
Tell that to IGN.

http://m.ign.com/videos/2013/02/01/game-scoop-ps4-xbox-720-predictions

I like IGN, but jesus, they are immature at times.

inb4 you can't spell ignorant...

truth be told, though, this is probably just business. they are writing nonsense like this to get more hits and hence money
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#13Beatperson14Posted 2/4/2013 3:57:50 AM
Big_Isaac posted...
Beatperson14 posted...
Tell that to EA

EA is the earthly manifestation of satan. no use trying to explain anything to them.

Insults don't help your case

Believe it or not, EA is a big dev whose games you own at least one of.
#14Big_Isaac(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 4:00:51 AM
Beatperson14 posted...
Big_Isaac posted...
Beatperson14 posted...
Tell that to EA

EA is the earthly manifestation of satan. no use trying to explain anything to them.

Insults don't help your case

Believe it or not, EA is a big dev whose games you own at least one of.

actually, I'm pretty sure I don't own any games by EA
however, even if I did, it wouldn't make a difference. it's possible to like a product but hate the business practice of the company that made it.
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#15STE573Posted 2/4/2013 4:37:14 AM
Big_Isaac posted...
STE573 posted...
Tell that to IGN.

http://m.ign.com/videos/2013/02/01/game-scoop-ps4-xbox-720-predictions

I like IGN, but jesus, they are immature at times.

inb4 you can't spell ignorant...

truth be told, though, this is probably just business. they are writing nonsense like this to get more hits and hence money

Yeah it's happened in the past, but I think in the context he actually says it he is just being, as you say, ignorant.

By utter definition the Wii U is an 8th gen console, as in it succeeded a 7th gen console. Why people fight this is beyond me.

Also Golden Sun for 3DS, I cannot wait TLA is one of my favourite games of all time.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- XSTE90X- currently playing Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)
#16G1ingyPosted 2/4/2013 5:21:08 AM
Beatperson14 posted...
Tell that to EA

According to EA, the entire gaming industry regressed to 3rd or 4th gen...
#17Rasputin77Posted 2/4/2013 6:15:41 AM
What about the people who aren't trolls that say Wii U isn't next gen.

Oh. That's right. There aren't 'people with different opinions' on GameFAQs. Just trolls. -_____-

Happy Monday, ya'll... back to this s***.
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
#18domranguayPosted 2/4/2013 7:13:00 AM
Rasputin77 posted...
What about the people who aren't trolls that say Wii U isn't next gen.

They're right too. But this topic Isn't about them.

Oh. That's right. Every time anyone says the word "troll" they're definitely talking about everyone who disagrees with them. Right?

Anyway, the opinion that "the Wii U is in the same generation as PS3/X-Box 360 because it is similar in power" is wrong. That is not the way generations work. If you think it is, I have 2 questions for you...

- If a man and his great grandson have similar IQs, are they in the same generation?
- Would twins be in different generations if one of them had a much higher IQ?
#19bwburke94Posted 2/4/2013 7:15:09 AM
8th gen is still next gen (for home consoles) for the majority of gamers.
---
Unofficial Froakie of the Pokemon X board.
Not to be confused with the webcomic. I've already received enough kicks in the nuts.
#20JerichoDarkstarPosted 2/4/2013 7:16:53 AM
Nooooo. . . the Wii U is next gen. And, just like the Wii, it will be behind Playstation. Now, as for the next XBox, we'll have to see.
---
I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
PSN: DarkSilverCloud