the trolls are right. WiiU isn't next gen

#21bleedingelitePosted 2/4/2013 6:18:14 AM
Rasputin77 posted...
What about the people who aren't trolls that say Wii U isn't next gen.

Oh. That's right. There aren't 'people with different opinions' on GameFAQs. Just trolls. -_____-

Happy Monday, ya'll... back to this s***.

Feel free to go away.
#22softballumpirePosted 2/4/2013 6:23:02 AM
ixoria posted...
Big_Isaac posted...
it's current gen

a new generation begins when the first console of said generation is released
as such, we are currently in the 8th generation of gaming, and we have been since the 3DS came out in early 2011.
thus far, there's only 3 8th gen platforms. 3DS, Vita and WiiU

Wii U is current gen with PS3 and 360.

PS4 and NextXbox would be the real next generation consoles.

This currently includes Nintendo's home console successor, the Wii U, which was released in the fourth quarter of 2012. Several journalists have classified the system as the first eighth generation home console"
#23teamaquashockPosted 2/4/2013 6:42:14 AM
domranguay posted...

I have 2 questions for you...

- If a man and his great grandson have similar IQs, are they in the same generation?
- Would twins be in different generations if one of them had a much higher IQ?

This is what makes sense that people don't seem to understand.
---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-"
#24Chico86_basicPosted 2/4/2013 6:53:03 AM
WiiU is next generation compared to the original Wii and is effectively a current generation console like the next Xbox and PS4 will be when they come out.
#25Virus66Posted 2/4/2013 9:14:05 AM
Chico86_basic posted...
WiiU is next generation compared to the original Wii and is effectively a current generation console like the next Xbox and PS4 will be when they come out.

You still don't grasp what a "generation" is if you are simply comparing power. A generation is like a notch on a timeline, not what the item has in it. Nintendo could release an 8-bit system in 2018 and it would still be a 9th gen console, despite its power.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#26_Sovereign_Posted 2/4/2013 9:14:50 AM
Big_Isaac posted...
Beatperson14 posted...
Tell that to EA

EA is the earthly manifestation of satan. no use trying to explain anything to them.

I thought that was Kotick?
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.