Choose one of the following systems you'd want for virtual console Wii U

#1R_O_B_SentryPosted 2/4/2013 5:55:22 AM
If Nintendo could release games for one of the following platforms via eShop which platform would you choose? - Results (123 votes)
Sega Saturn
9.76% (12 votes)
Sega Dreamcast
17.89% (22 votes)
Arcade machine (e.g. like newer arcade machines with good graphics)
8.13% (10 votes)
Playstation 1 PS1
6.5% (8 votes)
Nintendo Gamecube
48.78% (60 votes)
Xbox (The first one ever)
2.44% (3 votes)
Nintendo DS (Not 3DS. Will use gamepad as second screen)
6.5% (8 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Right that's a mix of platforms up there. Bare in mind Nintendo is not actually doing this and if they did for instance add PS1 games on eShop, they'll probably be limited to games under 18 rated. They'll probably get Tekken and stuff.

So select one system (they're a mix of six generation-ish) and discuss!
---
Hi ! I'm Omochao. @_@ ) I'm here to help you.
Ah... My, my... <3 I foresaw your arrival, Mario. -- Merluvlee, Paper Mario
#2KAMMYqueenPosted 2/4/2013 5:59:17 AM
Dreamcast
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#3Mattatron42Posted 2/4/2013 7:37:09 AM
If I had to pick only one it would be Dreamcast, I wouldn't mind some SegaCD games for nostalgia.
---
3ds fc: 4940-5666-3487
NNID: Mattatron
#4Oni_TaedoPosted 2/4/2013 7:59:36 AM
Saturn and arcade.
Yes, and. Meaning, I want both. I can't choose both? The hell I can't.

Saturn for all it's amazing ports of arcade games (like X-Men vs. Street Fighter, which was a pretty arcade perfect port, so Capcom might as well just put the arcade version up), Guardian Heroes, Nights, Radiant Silvergun, Die Hard Arcade, Panzer Dragoon, and VF2 etc.

Arcade, so we can get Arcade ports of Double Dragon, modern games like... hmmm... haven't been in an arcade in forever, and the most recent arcade game I can think of is Persona 4 Arena... which is terrible.

So, I guess, just the Saturn then.

Huh... had something prepared, but then, I just couldn't think of any modern arcade games...
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#5shampoowarriorPosted 2/4/2013 8:12:53 AM
None of the above.

Nintendo has made it pretty clear their goal with VC is to screw over the people who buy it. So I don't care what systems they put on the VC. I won't buy it because I don't like getting screwed by Nintendo.
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#6xerofyre0Posted 2/4/2013 8:14:28 AM
I still have and play dreamcast so I will say Saturn. I always regretted selling it.
---
Free Game Giveaway-
http://www.down-rightfierce.com/2012/06/free-game-giveaway-club-nintendo.html
#7Virus66Posted 2/4/2013 8:37:17 AM
At this point, haven't most Dreamcast games been rereleased elsewhere by now? Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio... etc. I would still like to see GCN games since there are so many that got passed over for one reason or another.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#8R_O_B_Sentry(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 9:02:14 AM
bump!

I want to hear more. Keep those opinions coming they're good!
---
Hi ! I'm Omochao. @_@ ) I'm here to help you.
Ah... My, my... <3 I foresaw your arrival, Mario. -- Merluvlee, Paper Mario
#9bwburke94Posted 2/4/2013 10:55:06 AM
GameCube is by far the most likely, although I'm not sure if the current controllers have pressure-sensitive triggers.
---
Unofficial Froakie of the Pokemon X board.
Not to be confused with the webcomic. I've already received enough kicks in the nuts.
#10The_HyphenatorPosted 2/4/2013 10:58:18 AM
I voted Gamecube. I would have voted Saturn or Dreamcast, but honestly, Sega is doing re-releases of all those games anyway, so there's no point in worrying about them ending up on Virtual Console.