So how about a Wii U Mario & Luigi RPG?

#1SocranPosted 2/4/2013 6:59:44 AM
Full console quality, fully voiced with the exception of the Bros, about 2-3 times as long as usual, maybe the return of beloved characters like Geno due to the "big deal" nature of the game. I think it would be pretty awesome.

Regarding the voice acting, I know we've had some bad experiences in the past (Bowser's voice in Sunshine wasn't well received), but I think they could make it work if they used the same sort of talent they used in Kid Icarus Uprising. I actually think it would work better here than in a Zelda game, since it'd be hard to excuse a silent protagonist in a fully-voiced "serious" game, but it makes perfect (non)sense in a more comedic setting. The fact that the M&L:RPG series stands so far apart from the main platformers also makes it the perfect exception to the "no voice acting in my beloved classic series" rule (which I completely respect).
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#2DeathSnipe777Posted 2/4/2013 7:11:53 AM
I would prefer that the M&L series sticks to handhelds.

I've also never cared about voice acting in most of Nintendo's games. People would also complain about bleeding ears if certain characters had their roles done badly. I could see Fawful either turning out great or turning out downright terrible, for example. Same thing for some of the other over-the-top and whimsical characters.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#3bratt100Posted 2/4/2013 7:46:13 AM
How about no Mario for about two years.
---
If you believe in the flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.
#4strongo9Posted 2/4/2013 7:58:52 AM
DeathSnipe777 posted...
I would prefer that the M&L series sticks to handhelds.

I've also never cared about voice acting in most of Nintendo's games. People would also complain about bleeding ears if certain characters had their roles done badly. I could see Fawful either turning out great or turning out downright terrible, for example. Same thing for some of the other over-the-top and whimsical characters.

QFT. Voice acting wouldn't fit with the nature of M&L.
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#5StephenYap3Posted 2/4/2013 7:19:29 PM
I could definitely see it. Using the Wii U Game Pad as a separate screen for displaying the stats of the bros, as well as the enemies. The TV screen is where all the action is at. There would also be a co-op mode (Player 2 has to use a Wii Remote since the Wii U can't support two Game Pads yet). Yeah, I can see it.

Voice acting? Um...I wouldn't mind.
---
I have trouble communicating with people :(
#6DTY3Posted 2/4/2013 7:27:12 PM
Mario and Luigi 4 with 4 playable characters.

Mario Luigi Peach and Daisy
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.