Wii U needs a Paper Mario as good as The Thousand Year Door...

#31RAPTall1Posted 2/4/2013 4:47:35 PM
I'd be even happier if they made another game like Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.
---
SS FC: 3653-5956-7380
White FC: 0346-8581-1315
#32RahzarXPosted 2/4/2013 4:52:05 PM
Super Paper Mario was the best paper mario.

Making it an rpg just turns it into every other game ever made.

Miyamoto knows what he's doing.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#33EndgamePosted 2/4/2013 5:25:11 PM
not going to happen Nintendo has proven themselves to now be unable of making anything of quality

****ing Iwata ruined everything
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#34StarmanJuniorPosted 2/4/2013 7:33:58 PM
I actually didn't expect to like Super Paper Mario, but it did meet my expectations for sure...had a certain charm to it for sure.

TTYD is without a doubt the best though. I couldn't believe how creative that game was, and just the little touches to make me laugh...wonderful experience.
---
It's been a long time, Buzz Buzz
#35TheProphecies05Posted 2/4/2013 7:53:30 PM
To bad they can't get square to make a sequel to SMRPG seven stars. I really enjoyed it from beginning to end. Introduction of a new society of evil.. Geno joining the party as the protector of the star road, Bowser joining your party. I thought it was really good. :)
#36Bahamut_10thPosted 2/4/2013 8:01:50 PM
TTYD is one of the few good games for the Gamecube.

I loved that game so much.

Stripping the series of badges was the worst thing they could have done.
#37GameKing59Posted 2/4/2013 8:04:01 PM
I actually enjoyed Paper Mario 64, Paper Mario The Thousand-Year Door, AND Super Paper Mario.

Paper Mario was a neat little game, with a neat story that involved going to a whole lot of different places. Thousand-Year Door was a much more epic story, with each chapter offering up something from a conspiracy involving wrestlers, to a treasure hunt, to a haunted train ride, to a trip to the moon. Super Paper Mario was a radical departure from the usual RPG style of the series (and shorter by comparison of the previous games), but to call it a bad game for that? I don't think so.

I enjoyed Super Paper Mario as much as I enjoyed the other Paper Mario games. It didn't play like the others, sure, but it still had a lot to like. It was a well-polished game, the characters you could swap between were all useful in some way, and the story was an emotional roller coaster.

Sure, Super Paper Mario isn't a traditional Mario RPG, sure it's shorter than the Paper Mario games before it, but you know what? It's still an enjoyable game. I played it from beginning to end, and not once did I ever wish I was playing Thousand-Year Door instead. I enjoyed Thousand-Year Door as well of course, I'm just saying I enjoyed Super Paper Mario as well.
#38GoldenJoe24Posted 2/4/2013 8:34:45 PM
TTYD was a great game, but it's not the holy grail of gaming that people make it out to be. I'd rather IntSys work on a new, full-blown Advance Wars for the WiiU. Paper Mario is fun, but I got my fix with Sticker Star. I'm good for a few years.
#39Pokerkid777Posted 2/4/2013 9:14:14 PM
RahzarX posted...
Super Paper Mario was the best paper mario.

Making it an rpg just turns it into every other game ever made.

Miyamoto knows what he's doing.

What is this? I don't even.
---
Tennis is the sport for gods I tell you. MOTHER****ING GODS!
#40Cookie_AromaPosted 2/4/2013 9:19:23 PM
Everyone who dislikes Stickers Star's lack of story should go do a Club Nintendo survey and say how much they dislike the lack of story in the game. If enough people do this, the next Paper Mario could be a visual novel game.