Wii U needs a Paper Mario as good as The Thousand Year Door...

#41SakurafanboyPosted 2/4/2013 9:20:42 PM
If it has Paper Mario in the title, I'll buy it.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#42FlyinTonitePosted 2/4/2013 9:48:03 PM
I thought super paper mario had the best story. TTYD has better gameplay, but I thought the actual levels were better in the first paper mario. So a combination of the "best" elements of the first three paper mario entries would be a perfect starting point for the next paper mario.

I did like the sticker mechanic in sticker star but the lack of leveling up in ANY shape or form (dammit just give me a freakin attack increase or something) really killed my want of battle.
---
Apathetic since I don't care when.
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#43ADHDguitarPosted 2/4/2013 9:50:25 PM
Paper Mario 64 is my favorite, but I still liked SMP, even though the level design was fairly blech.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#44Bahamut_10thPosted 2/5/2013 10:18:14 AM
GoldenJoe24 posted...
TTYD was a great game, but it's not the holy grail of gaming that people make it out to be. I'd rather IntSys work on a new, full-blown Advance Wars for the WiiU. Paper Mario is fun, but I got my fix with Sticker Star. I'm good for a few years.

I don't know anyone who thinks that highly of TTYD as a game in general. Just as a Paper Mario game...
#45sonicsonicPosted 2/5/2013 10:28:08 AM
Paper Mario needs a Paper Mario game as good as TTYD. I player Super, but haven't bothered with Sticker Stars.

It is a shame that the Mario RPG outings lately have been going downhill lately. I think Nintendo need to make an attempt too put out an up to date RPG that can keep up with the competition, cause bar TTYD and some of the M&L games they haven't seem to have made any consderable attempts.

Personally I'd like to see an Mario RPG that puts some context too the Mario World. Locations from Sunshine, Galaxy, M&L and even Paper Mario. Make some weird mega Mario mash-up RPG.
#46Oni_TaedoPosted 2/5/2013 11:16:02 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Yoshis Island would have been a good game if it wasn't for baby Mario. He ruined the game from the first level.

There's an easy answer to that.

Don't get hit.

Can't stop getting hit?
Stop sucking.

Easy as that, really.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#47Oni_TaedoPosted 2/5/2013 11:19:08 AM
Bahamut_10th posted...
TTYD is one of the few good games for the Gamecube.

I loved that game so much.

Stripping the series of badges was the worst thing they could have done.

Except that the Cube had an amazing library, and TTYD was still one of the worst games in it.

TTYD was still an amazing game.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#48Bahamut_10thPosted 2/5/2013 12:20:03 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...

Except that the Cube had an amazing library

For you and a handful that like to talk as if that joke of a console was Nintendo's godsent, sure.
#49jakestar0306Posted 2/5/2013 4:49:01 PM
Bahamut_10th posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...

Except that the Cube had an amazing library

For you and a handful that like to talk as if that joke of a console was Nintendo's godsent, sure.

Except that it DID have an amazing library.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#50MrGreen9Posted 2/5/2013 4:51:33 PM
Yes. TTYD is my favorite game of all time. I hope Paper Mario for Wii U follows in the footsteps of the first two.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2578-3117-5566
Nintendo Network ID: MrGreen9