Why I can't wait for Wind Waker HD.

#1trenton97Posted 2/4/2013 11:34:06 AM
I started OoT3D today(again) and I realized that this would probably be my most akward play ever. I have been playing AC3 for weeks now and my hand immediatlly went for the A,B,X,Y buttons thinking I could move the camera.

This made me realize how much I loved Wind Waker's free moving camera. So come on WWHD! Dragon Roost Island, Free Camera, Tetra, the Hero of Winds(the best Link), DRAGON ROOST ISLAND, and alot of the best music in the series justify this purchase ever since my little brother broke my original copy an I gave it a funeral in the backyard.

/fanboi
---
After I finish life the first time, I'm doing a challenge run.
LttP>everything else.
#2abbyhitterPosted 2/4/2013 11:41:05 AM
lolololol
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#3trenton97(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 11:42:34 AM
abbyhitter posted...
lolololol

I am disappoint
---
LttP>everything else.
#4CaioNVPosted 2/4/2013 11:45:16 AM
A problem is how you can't inverse the camera control. If you press right on the C-Stick, instead of seeing what is to your right, you move the cameraman (as if you're controlling a Lakitu or something) to the right. Because it is obviously must still point at Link, you will see his left.
It takes long to get used, and it is fast to get unused. Play a third person shooter for 5 seconds then go play Wind Waker. You will be doing 270 spins with the camera all the time.
I hope they think about this and add an option to inverse.
---
Let's Blocking:
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/Debug_Mode/sf3_2.png
#5trenton97(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 11:59:48 AM
CaioNV posted...
A problem is how you can't inverse the camera control. If you press right on the C-Stick, instead of seeing what is to your right, you move the cameraman (as if you're controlling a Lakitu or something) to the right. Because it is obviously must still point at Link, you will see his left.
It takes long to get used, and it is fast to get unused. Play a third person shooter for 5 seconds then go play Wind Waker. You will be doing 270 spins with the camera all the time.

They could easily add an option to inverse control. That's the difference between WW and the camera you're talking about. Like you said, that would solve the problem. And I don't think FPS is the best thing to contrast with.
---
LttP>everything else.
#6CaioNVPosted 2/5/2013 4:09:55 PM
Sorry to bump a topic from yesterday, but this topic kinda of can live.
trenton97 posted...
CaioNV posted...

They could easily add an option to inverse control. That's the difference between WW and the camera you're talking about. Like you said, that would solve the problem. And I don't think FPS is the best thing to contrast with.

I said third person shooter. And it doesn't even have to be a shooter, a game that borrows elements would already make it hard to get used with Wind Waker's camera.
Example: inFAMOUS on the PS3. An action-adventure-sandbox-whatever game, where you fight your enemies by pressing an attack button while holding an aim button and moving your aim to the enemy. You shoot electricity form your hand, not BOOLETS, and the game has a lot of things that make it blatantly different from a true TPS.
---
Let's Blocking:
#7LLL_DeadlyPosted 2/5/2013 4:14:18 PM
The Hero of Winds ftw. Easily my favorite video game character of all time.

For the incoming Hero of Time fans, call me when OoT/MM Link does this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awd04E-IGQM
---
Wind Waker is one of the greatest games ever made. Hoping the HD Remake does it justice.
#8CaioNVPosted 2/5/2013 4:16:12 PM
LLL_Deadly posted...
The Hero of Winds ftw. Easily my favorite video game character of all time.

For the incoming Hero of Time fans, call me when OoT/MM Link does this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awd04E-IGQM

http://youtu.be/Qmb9cnx__hA
---
Let's Blocking:
#9Baha05Posted 2/5/2013 4:21:05 PM
I just hope they give us an option for the Tingle Tuner to display on either the game pad or have a separate app on the 3DS.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#10trenton97(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 4:31:03 PM
CaioNV posted...
Sorry to bump a topic from yesterday, but this topic kinda of can live.
trenton97 posted...
CaioNV posted...

I said third person shooter. And it doesn't even have to be a shooter, a game that borrows elements would already make it hard to get used with Wind Waker's camera.
Example: inFAMOUS on the PS3. An action-adventure-sandbox-whatever game, where you fight your enemies by pressing an attack button while holding an aim button and moving your aim to the enemy. You shoot electricity form your hand, not BOOLETS, and the game has a lot of things that make it blatantly different from a true TPS.

OH! Third person shooter! All right totally my fault:) we cool, Holmes?

Also, I was really surprised that the topic rose from the dead like that, I was itching for some WW discussion.

And while I'm at it, WW had the best Zelda as Tetra with Skyward Sword in second. I was not crazy about TP Zelda. Also, on top of all that, they have Ganondorf in easily his most pimping role yet. YOUR GODS DESTROYED YOU!
---
LttP>everything else.