Comparing Sakurai to Miyamoto.

#1KroganBallEaterPosted 2/4/2013 2:19:01 PM(edited)
Super Smash Brothers Brawl releases: DUDE TRIPPING IS SO ****ING GAI, WE NEED TO ****ING CRUCIFY SAKURAI BECAUSE HE HAS MADE A GREAT GAME BUT HE'S ADDED SOMETHING THAT RARELY HAPPENS THAT MAKES IT A 3.5/10 RIGHT THERE **** SAKURAI MAN.

Paper Mario Sticker Star releases: Psh, games don't even NEED stories nowadays, it's all about the GAMEPLAY, Miyamoto was right about taking the story out of Sticker Star.

DOMO ARIGATO MIYAMOTO-SENSAI.
---
I knew we forgot someone... you
#2Beatperson14Posted 2/4/2013 2:18:50 PM
Whad
#3BuretsuPosted 2/4/2013 2:20:05 PM
KroganBallEater posted...
Super Smash Brothers Brawl releases: DUDE TRIPPING IS SO ****ING GAI, WE NEED TO ****ING CRUCIFY SAKURAI BECAUSE HE HAS MADE A GREAT GAME BUT HE'S ADDED SOMETHING THAT RARELY HAPPENS THAT MAKES IT A 3.5/10 RIGHT THERE **** SAKURAI MAN.

Paper Mario Sticker Star releases: Psh, games don't even NEED stories nowadays, it's all about the stories, Miyamoto was right about taking the story out of Sticker Star.

Really? Everybody hates that there was no story in Sticker Star. It made the game weaker in its absence. Granted, the suggestion was made largely because everybody hated Super Paper Mario's story, but still.
---
Vita sucks! Sony is a copy cat! Sony is Dooooooomed! -Nice_Kirbyfan9
And the Vita is failing hard -Linetrix
#4KroganBallEater(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 2:21:19 PM
Buretsu posted...

Paper Mario Sticker Star releases: Psh, games don't even NEED stories nowadays, it's all about the stories, Miyamoto was right about taking the story out of Sticker Star.

Really? Everybody hates that there was no story in Sticker Star. It made the game weaker in its absence. Granted, the suggestion was made largely because everybody hated Super Paper Mario's story, but still.

No, the suggestions was made because Miyamoto doesn't know what the **** he was doing at the time.

SPM's story is often regarded as the best Paper Mario story.
---
#5BuretsuPosted 2/4/2013 2:23:47 PM
Buretsu posted...

No, the suggestions was made because Miyamoto doesn't know what the **** he was doing at the time.

Actually:

The move was backed up by focus testing it seems, as [Kensuke Tanabe of Nintendo’s software planning division] added, “With regard to the story, we did a survey over the Super Paper Mario game in Club Nintendo, and not even 1% said the story was interesting.

---
Vita sucks! Sony is a copy cat! Sony is Dooooooomed! -Nice_Kirbyfan9
And the Vita is failing hard -Linetrix
#6KroganBallEater(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 2:25:31 PM
Buretsu posted...
Buretsu posted...

Actually:

The move was backed up by focus testing it seems, as [Kensuke Tanabe of Nintendo’s software planning division] added, “With regard to the story, we did a survey over the Super Paper Mario game in Club Nintendo, and not even 1% said the story was interesting.

That's probably an outright lie, SPM's story is VASTLY superior to the rest of the paper mario games, and I find it impossible that not even 1% said the story was interesting, how many people did they interview? 3?
---
#7Soggy13Posted 2/4/2013 2:26:12 PM
Buretsu posted...

I liked Super Paper Mario's story... it was funny Just a little dialogue heavy at times. It was the gameplay changes that made me sad. I haven't had the chance to play Sticker Star yet considering both 3DS' I bought were stolen by my dopehead family.
---
PSN/LIVE: Massacredone
Me thinks words is hard...
#8GloryChaosPosted 2/4/2013 2:28:24 PM(edited)
While the director had a point, I really can't take his statement seriously unless we know what Club Nintendo results he was using. They may have been restricted to Japanese users.

Anyway, SPM had a nice story. The gameplay was just lousy. Enjoy Bowser killing the final boss in three hits. Enjoy Luigi OHKO'ing the world 7 boss in Overthere.

And people used to act like they wanted to have Sakurai's babies on certain message boards. By the way, does he age?!
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#9wiiking96Posted 2/4/2013 2:34:41 PM
Buretsu posted...
<

That poll was horribly biased and skewed. Think about it for a second:

1. They presented the poll to people that they can't be sure make up a high percentage of the Paper Mario fan base
2. They only ask what people thought about Super Paper Mario; a game that a lot of people had negative opinions on
3. They asked if people thought the story was "interesting" instead of something like "enjoyable"

If they had asked the question: "Do you enjoy the stories and characters in the Paper Mario games?", they would have gotten very different results, I can tell you that.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#10sdatPosted 2/4/2013 2:35:01 PM
That's probably an outright lie, SPM's story is VASTLY superior to the rest of the paper mario games, and I find it impossible that not even 1% said the story was interesting, how many people did they interview? 3?

When you sign up for Club Nintendo you can take surveys about the games you've registered. That's what they're talking about.