Why are people still complaining that we arent getting ports of old games?

#1EternalWolfPosted 2/4/2013 3:22:11 PM
And by old, I mean GTAV, Dead Space 3, Crysis 3 and anything that has been in development for quite some time now. Why would developers start developing games for a new platform late in the development cycle of an old game? We arent getting these games for the same reason we arent getting DMC4, Red Dead Redemption and Resident Evil 5, because they arent going to start development and release the game 6 months to a year later(for the new releases) for a game thats already been out for awhile now.

It makes no sense and would be a waste of money to do this for a 360 title to PS3 and vice versa, let alone a 360 and PS3 title to Wii-U. These games being mentioned arent ports on the 360 and PS3, they are developed side by side so they run properly. It would take them a while to release these games on the Wii-U and by that time, everyone will have moved on to the next thing and arent going to waste money on a "old" game, even if its new to one platform.

This is dumbest and most illogical complaint on this board. The Wii-U isnt getting "ports" of old games. WHY THE F*** WOULD ANY DEVELOPER WASTE MONEY AND TIME ON DEVELOPING AN OLD GAME FOR A NEW CONSOLE?

People act like developers can literally copy and paste a current gen game and get it to work flawlessly on a different platform. Some even go as far as to say the hardware is good enough to handle the games. The PS3 cannot handle the 360 version of the GTAV and the 360 can not handle the PS3 version, they are two different development projects, not ports.
---
As We Go...
http://i42.tinypic.com/2m82zjm.jpg
#2Beatperson14Posted 2/4/2013 3:23:15 PM
Because it can't run ports of the new ones? It's a gen behind
#3hellbringherPosted 2/4/2013 3:24:38 PM(edited)
That would make sense if the Wii U didn't already have ports. So it can be done. Topic creator is a known troll.
---
News - EA does not like the Wii U. Fanboy - good they are horrible anyway.
#4_Candice_Posted 2/4/2013 3:23:48 PM
I giggled

1/10
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
#5TrueBlue91Posted 2/4/2013 3:24:00 PM
Because if you're not getting new games, then ports of old games are the next best thing. If you're not getting them either... then something's seriously wrong.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#6BuretsuPosted 2/4/2013 3:24:53 PM
Because every game that the Wii U isn't getting is the "final nail" in its coffin.
---
Vita sucks! Sony is a copy cat! Sony is Dooooooomed! -Nice_Kirbyfan9
And the Vita is failing hard -Linetrix
#7AhnoldDoodPosted 2/4/2013 3:25:47 PM
Beatperson14 posted...

I wonder when Tekken and Ninja Gaiden stopped existing.
#8hellbringherPosted 2/4/2013 3:26:33 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
Beatperson14 posted...

He said new ones. He also meant good ones.
---
News - EA does not like the Wii U. Fanboy - good they are horrible anyway.
#9AhnoldDoodPosted 2/4/2013 3:29:38 PM
hellbringher posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
Beatperson14 posted...

He said new ones. He also meant good ones.

I wonder when Tekken and Ninja Gaiden stopped being new and well-made during the Wii U's launch.
#10DiscostewSMPosted 2/4/2013 3:29:40 PM
Wii U doesn't get port - Trolls: "The Wii U isn't getting x. Wii U sucks."

Wii U gets port of 360/PS3 game - Trolls: "It doesn't look any better. Wii U sucks."

Getting or not getting a 360/PS3 port will basically lead to the same troll response.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project